NFL thread

Perky1106

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Not easy, we have one of the most competitive divisions though which is always stressful. Our two toughest non-divisional games are at home which is nice (Broncos/Seahawks) but other than the 49ers, everyone on our schedule is (seemingly) competitive.

Also hate the idea of our last divisional game being @ Falcons

On the trade, I think it makes a lot of sense but I think the Browns have gotten an obscene haul for it.

Doesn't make a lot of difference to your Ravens, @Srg - if Browns stayed I think they'd have taken a QB too anyway 

All the noise says they wouldn't have, but I tend to agree. Can't see how they'd resist. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Norman is now a free agent!  

Franchise tage rescinded by the Panthers, negotiations on long term deal proved untainnable 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Josh Norman is now a free agent!  

Franchise tage rescinded by the Panthers, negotiations on long term deal proved untainnable 

That's weird. 

Doesnt make sense to me. He'll be 29 mid-season. I'd tag him this year, use him. Then let him go next year. 

Who has enough cap room now, given the frenzy has all gone? Presumably the likes of the Browns, Jags and Raiders still have enough. Depends if he wants to win-now... Patriots can get clever with no first round pick. 

10 hours ago, Srg said:

That's weird. 

Doesnt make sense to me. He'll be 29 mid-season. I'd tag him this year, use him. Then let him go next year. 

Who has enough cap room now, given the frenzy has all gone? Presumably the likes of the Browns, Jags and Raiders still have enough. Depends if he wants to win-now... Patriots can get clever with no first round pick. 

I think that will be part of it. If Norman had of been available first week of FA, no way Panthers would have been able to match some of the money on offer. 

Theres obviously something off with it, maybe Norman wants out for some reason.

On draft, even those picks projected as 'safe picks' have some risk attached to them. More and more reports on Jack having question marks. Still in my top 5 though

33 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I think that will be part of it. If Norman had of been available first week of FA, no way Panthers would have been able to match some of the money on offer. 

Theres obviously something off with it, maybe Norman wants out for some reason.

On draft, even those picks projected as 'safe picks' have some risk attached to them. More and more reports on Jack having question marks. Still in my top 5 though

Can't trust anything right now. People will be feeding stories out about Jack hoping he falls to them, which is just as likely as there being any real issues

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

$50m guarenteed to a 29 year old on a 5 year deal with only 1 good season ever?

mental. 

I totally agree mate,way too much money.Needed help in secondary and he is a good player,but way overpaid especially the guaranteed money.

Ah well we shall see if he can live up to this kind of contract.

Just now, AmericanRam said:

I totally agree mate,way too much money.Needed help in secondary and he is a good player,but way overpaid especially the guaranteed money.

Ah well we shall see if he can live up to this kind of contract.

If he can play at last years level for at least 2 or 3 years then it'll be a great deal. 

But the fact he's been really average for virtually his whole career, and given his age, it would worry me if I was a Skins fan. 

Just now, Srg said:

If he can play at last years level for at least 2 or 3 years then it'll be a great deal. 

But the fact he's been really average for virtually his whole career, and given his age, it would worry me if I was a Skins fan. 

Last season best in his career as you say and as a diehard Skins fan, I really hope he can continue to perform at that level.

With the Skins schedule he will definitely be tested this season.

Panthers fans seem convinced he reached the ProBowl because of the front 7 they have, and were generally indifferent at his release (other than the weirdness of it). That is mental money that smacks a little of desperation. 

I read quite an interesting piece by Peter King on that issue. Whilst Brady was definitely morally wrong, the league also carried out the investigation pretty unprofessionally. I'm surprised that before a court of law there was enough evidence to re-instate the suspension.

Archived