NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Smith shot and killed following a minor traffic accident in which the shooter (in a Hummer) rear-ended Smith's car. Senseless. Had just been voted into the Saints hall of fame, yet to be made public. R.I.P

Happened 2 blocks from my mates house. 

Looks like Rams are taking a QB 1st (getting ahead of Browns), then it's not unlikely Browns take a QB 2nd. If so, that's massive for your Ravens @Srg and a good thing for my Saints too I'd hope. Pushes the real quality back.

22 hours ago, Srg said:

Amazing if it means Goff and Wentz both go... means someone is going to fall right to us... either Ramsay, Bosa, Jack or Tunsil.

Anyone of Ramsey Bosa or Jack would be incredible. Could conceivably see a team picking 3rd-10th trading back and getting some good picks now with the talent that's likely to drop back. 

I'm surprised with trade, with neither Goff or Wentz entering draft as sure fire hit (ala Luck, Cam, Mannings etc) seems a stretch. LA living up to new home

1 minute ago, Srg said:

To give up more than the Rams got for RG3 seems a bit crazy, given RG3 was much more hyped.

Manziel was hyped more than this lot. 

I find the 'expert' dissection of the draft class interesting, but borders on chaos theory as to what they get right.

The Rams have clearly seen something in one of the QBs that makes them think they're not just the future for the Rams, but also their best option right now. As of right now, they don't need a great QB, just a solid one; they have a very strong roster.

We won't know the value of this trade for a number of years. If this flops, whoever made this call (and the group of people collecting information to advise them), are idiots. If not then fair play.

Find it very difficult to compare trade to trade, before you know the outcome of this one. RG3 was more hyped, but I think there are 3 QBs in this draft at least that'll have more successful careers than him. 

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Manziel was hyped more than this lot. 

I find the 'expert' dissection of the draft class interesting, but borders on chaos theory as to what they get right.

The Rams have clearly seen something in one of the QBs that makes them think they're not just the future for the Rams, but also their best option right now. As of right now, they don't need a great QB, just a solid one; they have a very strong roster.

We won't know the value of this trade for a number of years. If this flops, whoever made this call (and the group of people collecting information to advise them), are idiots. If not then fair play.

Find it very difficult to compare trade to trade, before you know the outcome of this one. RG3 was more hyped, but I think there are 3 QBs in this draft at least that'll have more successful careers than him. 

Manziel was hyped for a different reason though, he was a play maker but had nothing else you'd say is an NFL QB skill.

My concern now for the Chargers is that Telesco bites and drafts Tunsil or, worse, Stanley, in a BPA/for the future type strategy. 

We already have two solid-to-good tackles locked up in Joe Barksdale and King Dunlap and there are much more pressing needs elsewhere - defensive line (Bosa/Buckner) and defensive back (Ramsey) being the main ones.

I don't really get why Eagles have done that. They've got Bradford and Daniel already, if they want a developmental QB why not wait for Lynch at eight. Their issues extend well beyond bad quarterbacks anyways. Browns will be pretty happy.

AR I think as a last placed team our schedule is pretty nice, some quite winnable games. We're paired with the two South divisions so plenty of weak teams in there. If we draft right and McCoy stops cocking up I think we could win 7 or 8 games. 

Draft wide open for us now as well. What does everyone think about the choice between Tunsil and Ramsey?

Well it's a new regime so you have to presume they're enamoured with one of Goff or Wentz. 

Tunsil is safe, so they say. Plug him in and he's safe for 10 years. However, I think Ramsey is a real difference make. Swiss Army knife on the back end. 

We have Monroe at LT who is ok if he is healthy, which is a big if.

I majorly worry about our pass rush. 34 year old Suggs off second Achilles tear, Dumervil over 30 too. Only other rusher we have is second year Za'Darius Smith after letting Pernell McPhee go last year and Courtney Upshaw walk this year. 

Player I really want is Myles Jack. Daryl Smith has gone now and we need someone to start at Will next to CJ Mosley who can do a bit of everything. 

3 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

@SaintRam

@Srg

@Posh Ram

How do ya'll feel about your teams regular season schedules? My Redskins schedule is pretty damn tough.

Not easy, we have one of the most competitive divisions though which is always stressful. Our two toughest non-divisional games are at home which is nice (Broncos/Seahawks) but other than the 49ers, everyone on our schedule is (seemingly) competitive.

Also hate the idea of our last divisional game being @ Falcons

On the trade, I think it makes a lot of sense but I think the Browns have gotten an obscene haul for it.

Doesn't make a lot of difference to your Ravens, @Srg - if Browns stayed I think they'd have taken a QB too anyway 

Archived