NFL thread

Perky1106

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Olivier Vernon just cashed in! More guaranteed $$$ than JJ Watt. Mental. 

Free agency has gone crazy. 

Massive deal. 

Osweiler to Texans seems a pretty big deal, although Denver will probably now either sign Fitz or trade for Kaepernick. Both of whom are a similar standard to Peyton last year. They're a bit screwed for the future but I think they'll still contend next year?

Chargers got Travis Benjamin (who produced with Manziel - with Rivers he could be awesome), Brandon Mebane, and a back-up safety. Can't see us doing too much more business except for re-signing Patrick Robinson and potentially bringing in veteran depth at linebacker and OL. Potentially we could be in the market for a #2 TE and I'd like to snap up one of the better safeties on the market as well. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Srg said:

Olivier Vernon just cashed in! More guaranteed $$$ than JJ Watt. Mental. 

Free agency has gone crazy. 

Giants showing they mean to use their cap space on some big deals this year. Although an inflated salary, Vernon should help our D front to dominate abit more. I'm ok with overpaying for him and Jenkins at CB. Quality over quantity. You heard me Jerry Reese!

2 hours ago, Srg said:

I really don't like Denver so I hope they don't trade for Kaepernick because I can see them turning him around, which would wind me up no end. 

I think they have options, I'm intrigued as to which one they'll take. Very interesting. Texans have taken a huge risk with that contract, that's huge for someone who's started very few games. 

Saints have signed Fleener to replace Watson - which I'm actually kinda happy about it. Always liked Fleener when I've seen the Colts play, more a big WR than a TE.

Also forgot to note it on here but the Saints cut Marques Colston after he failed a physical. Always sad to see an all-time leading player get cut but he dropped so much last season it seemed inevitable. 

5 hours ago, Srg said:

I always get frustrated with.  the Ravens in free agency when we sign virtually no one of note... Then I remember we tend to dominate the draft. 

Ravens do always tend to draft  well.Who would you take with the first pick? for them.

I tend to read mock NFL drafts almost daily and the one I like the most(walterfootball) has Ravens taking Buckner from Oregon, at 6 which would be a very good pick imo.

They have the Skins taking Kendall Fuller with first round pick which I'd be happy with,need secondary help.

13 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Ravens do always tend to draft  well.Who would you take with the first pick? for them.

I tend to read mock NFL drafts almost daily and the one I like the most(walterfootball) has Ravens taking Buckner from Oregon, at 6 which would be a very good pick imo.

They have the Skins taking Kendall Fuller with first round pick which I'd be happy with,need secondary help.

I'd love it if Myles Jack fell, but I think he will be gone. Joey Bosa seems to be consensus currently, or the much more boring pick of OT Ronnie Stanley

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

I'd love it if Myles Jack fell, but I think he will be gone. Joey Bosa seems to be consensus currently, or the much more boring pick of OT Ronnie Stanley

I have seen Bosa play a few times as a guy I work with graduated from Ohio State and watched some with him.From what I saw he is a big,strong guy with with pretty good technique,awareness,etc; would be a solid pick.Jack would be a great pick but yeah don't see him falling to you.

Don't know all that much about Stanley tbh,just that best lineman after Tunsil.

Just now, AmericanRam said:

I have seen Bosa play a few times as a guy I work with graduated from Ohio State and watched some with him.From what I saw he is a big,strong guy with with pretty good technique,awareness,etc; would be a solid pick.Jack would be a great pick but yeah don't see him falling to you.

Don't know all that much about Stanley tbh,just that best lineman after Tunsil.

Bosa falling due to poor combine testing... people pointing to slow 40 time in particular.

Can't remember who said it, but the quote goes along the lines of "I'll start to worry if the QB takes a 40 yard drop back."

Suggs had a very similar 40 time, and now look.

Saints need someone pretty much everywhere on D, generally you'd expect them to bolster the D-line in the first round with the depth the line has in this years draft but personally I'd like a playmaker just to get excited about you know? To that end I'd like Vernon Hargreaves (CB).

Almost every mock has us going for a DT or DE and my favourite of those I've seen among the mocks is Andrew Billings.

32 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

I think Skins taking a CB or S is a pretty safe bet, unless someone monstrous from another position survives to 21st they can't pass up on. Apple, Fuller, Jackson III, Neal are all options. If Vonn Bell or even Hargreaves get down that far they'd be shoe-ins I'd imagine.

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

Knowing who's going to be taken in those first few rounds can be tricky, but I don't think Jack will go before Ravens tbh. He's one of my favourite players in this draft too. I think Bosa (obviously) or Buckner would be good DE options for the Ravens though.

The browns are definitely the friends of other teams with high picks in this draft, they're so desperate for a QB they're likely going to be taken a low first round/second round quality QB in Wentz as second pick.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Saints need someone pretty much everywhere on D, generally you'd expect them to bolster the D-line in the first round with the depth the line has in this years draft but personally I'd like a playmaker just to get excited about you know? To that end I'd like Vernon Hargreaves (CB).

Almost every mock has us going for a DT or DE and my favourite of those I've seen among the mocks is Andrew Billings.

I think Skins taking a CB or S is a pretty safe bet, unless someone monstrous from another position survives to 21st they can't pass up on. Apple, Fuller, Jackson III, Neal are all options. If Vonn Bell or even Hargreaves get down that far they'd be shoe-ins I'd imagine.

Yeah Hargreaves would be a good pick for NO.I think if he is still available that Robinson from Alabama or Rankins from Louisville would be solid also imo.Billings as you said would be good also,dude is a beast.

I really like what McCloughan the GM for the Skins has done so far this offseason; I have confidence we will have a good draft.

The Eagles acquire the No. 8 overall pick in the 2016 draft from the Dolphins in exchange for Alonso and Maxwell plus the No. 13 overall pick.

That seems like an expensive method of moving up 5 spots. Who do we think they're after? You think they'll look to use the 8th to move up further?

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

That seems like an expensive method of moving up 5 spots. Who do we think they're after? You think they'll look to use the 8th to move up further?

They need o-line help so possibly Stanley.With Murray at the Titans now and Matthews on the trade block, Elliott from Ohio State could be who they want.Those are my best guesses but yeah wouldn't totally shock me if move up further via another trade.

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Pure salary dump and cleaning any remainder of Chip Kelly from memory.

18 minutes ago, Cisse said:

If anyone has any opinions of what Seahawks, Dolphins and Lions are doing, I'm eager to listen what you have to say.

Well the Seahawks will be interesting, can't really say what they will do... for me they will go either offensive or defensive line, or running back. They're the areas of need, and they could probably do with a big time WR, but do have Jimmy Graham to fulfil that to an extent from TE.

Dolphins are chucking money about in free agency. Those that win in March, don't often win come January and February! They desperately need a leap from Tannehil before they go anywhere.

The Lions now need a WR giving Megatron's retirement. They've resigned Ngata, so expect their defence to be decent. Could do with OL help too.

Dolphins and Lions both need their QBs to improve - but they both have solid squads also. In fact I think they're very similar in a lot of areas. Both receiver cores, O-lines, secondaries and backs need some (varying levels of) improvement in my opinion.

As with Srg I'm not sure what the Seahawks want, but the lines are very deep in this draft this season so I wouldn't be surprised if that's where they look to improve.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts

This'll be a pretty useful link for a while, obviously there are many more drafts elsewhere but it's nice to see multiple drafts next to each other - they'll update occasionally.

Maybe it's me but (position-wise, not quality) I'm not massively keen on Ramsey. Safety isn't a huge value position. We've had one of the best safeties in the league on the team for the last few years anyway (Weddle), it didn't really get us anywhere. Would much prefer Bosa or Buckner, them put with the underrated Liuget and Mebane could give us a pretty decent defensive front, although there seems to be some worry as to whether Bosa could fit as a 3-4 DE. That line plus our developing linebacker core (Ingram, Perryman, Te'o, Attaochu) and a secondary featuring Verrett, 2014 Brandon Flowers and hopefully a FA pick-up like Thurmond and a draft pick of Su'a Cravens might have the makings of a mean defense.

Thoughts on best and worst teams of FA so far? Gotta say Raiders/Texans for best imo.

Archived