Tom Carroll

Angry Ram

It's genius, it's brilliant, I cant believe I didnt think of it. 

Last season from the first minute to the last minute I would have sung;

'I pay your wages, drop Connor Sammon' 

Not that you've got an inflated opinion of yourself or anything... ;)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a bit of a difference between a young player coming in on an emergency loan and being plonked straight into an underperforming team with expectations of him to perform to a certain standard straight away, alongside players he's barely even met; & a youth player who's been at the club a couple of years, who's trained with the first team a fair few times and is coming in without any real expectation or pressure on him from the fans to perform, at a time when the team isn't under a cloud of frustration from the supporters.

If Will Hughes had been a Spurs reserve player and came to us in the same circumstances as Tom Carroll came to us, I think there's a good chance we wouldn't have been overly impressed with him either. If Tom Carroll had been a Derby Academy player we'd probably be waxing lyrical whatever the **** that means about him, though not to the same level.

Now obviously Hughes IS better than Carroll because he's more adaptable and is capable of performing even if put on out wide - a position I remember us trying to force Bailey into numerous times and Carroll too a few during his loan, and they just couldn't play it.

You've seen even with senior players that having a pre-season with the squad can make a difference, loan players are often judged without having had that luxury as indeed was Martin, or Theo when he didn't score many on loan.

Archived