Tour de France 2011

froggg

bloody cyclists!

Bravo! take up far too much room, not even payin road tax

Wiki:

In the United Kingdom owners are required to pay Vehicle Excise Duty, commonly known as "car tax", "vehicle tax" or "road tax", which is paid to the government for a vehicle licence, which must be displayed on most motor vehicles used on public roads.[3] Since 1937 there has been no direct relationship between the tax and government expenditure on public roads. The registered keeper of a vehicle that is not used or kept on public roads must complete a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).[4]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really wanted Voeckler to win this time round. Obvious he wasn't going to win in 2004 with Lance Armstrong in the running, but really thought it was Tommys year, gutted. Suppose with Wiggins out Evans was me second favourite.

Mark Cavendish - what a awesome bike rider he is ....the nick name of the Manx Missle siuts him to a tee.

Its been a most enjoyable TDF this year a 1st week of dramatic crashes and the unfortunate Wiggins going out but so did a few other big names too. The 2nd week was Tommy Voeckler and his taking of the yellow jersey and the way he battled to keep it. He has been the star of this tour, The last week saw the top players trade blows with Evans doing an impression of the fast finishing horse in the final furlong, to come and nab the Yellow Jersey and win the tour.

Fair play to Evans this year was his year and was the most consistant over the 3 weeks.

I love watching this spectacle, much to the wifes/Daugthers angst, and going to watch this is on my bucket list ...i will go to France and watch the TDF at some point in my life.

For me this years tdf has been the best since Greg Lemond beat Laurent Fignon by 8 seconds in 1989.

My favourite memory from this years tour was Andy Schelck winning the Col du Galibier stage after a long solo breakaway, also Cav winning the stage on the Champs Elysse whilst wearing the green jersey :D

What you talkin about? Whats road tax got to do with anything?

I pay a tax to drive on a road.

Cyclists don't pay a tax to ride on a road.

Therefore, ahem, allow me,

Gerroffthe feckin roads!

And take your horse riding feckpigs with you.

Don't get me started on Horses! the look they give you when your wing mirror hits the stirrups.

Its been great coverage from both ITV4 and Eurosport but they seem to have missed the amazing effort put in by David Millar to help his Garmin team win the overall team prize.......shame that, as it needed acknowledging just as much as Cavendish's Green Jersey did, in my opinion.

Cavendish is simply awesome, he's going to break all sorts of records if he continues up this sort of form. Sports Personality of the year for sure.

not sure about that......my monies on Rory Makilroy;)

i dont understand it at all.

green and yellow jerseys,people riding in teams etc

surely everyone who enters should be racing on their own

Yellow Jersey is for the overall winner

Green Jersey is for the best sprinter

Polka Dot Jersey is for the king of the mountains

White Jersey is for the best young rider

There is a lot of tactics involved, it would be almost impossible to ride it on your own, teams help their best riders to win. Cavendish's lead out man Mark Renshaw is given a lot of credit for Cav's success, showing the importance of help.

thanks for explaining that.

so it's like a 2 wheeled formula 1 with tactics,team orders etc?

It has similarities yes, it's a lot more of a team sport than formula 1 though. If you watch the races you will often see teams riding together, normally protecting the interests of their main rider. When Bradley Wiggins crashed out, Sky had lost any real hope of finishing high up in the Grand Classification so instead started looking for stage wins. Geraint Thomas and Edvald Boasson Hagen both got in breakaways and Boasson Hagen managed to win 2 stages in the tour.

Archived