DCFC Fans Mobile App

Day

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The iOS app has been submitted to the App Store and is now waiting for review by Apple, could take a few days to a few weeks it really all depends on Apple. I've spent a lot of time covering any potential issues Apple may have so hopefully it will go straight through.

Quick question, would you be interested if I set up push notifications for say new signings, half time score, full time scores etc?

If so what kind of notifications would you like, these would have to be manually sent and I will try my best to get the information as fast as possible to you. Boycie won't have access to this so they will be important updates only, no ****** like he's just spotted a train or some crap

"TutT0Bp" alt="TutT0Bp">

Just a quick update on the app, I contacted the club last week as I was looking at the possibility of printing up some t shirts with the forum logo on, I was told that as the Ram is copyrighted we would need a licence to sell merchandise and to display the Ram on a website.

I was sent the licence costs and lets just say it was expensive so a no no. I've spoken to Faye at the club this morning and she confirmed that I would need a licence for the merchandise however the club executives are willing to let us keep the forum logo up without but I should have contacted them before using it in the first place, oooops.

What has this got to do with the app? Well I'am not allowed to charge for this either, the app must be free if I use the ram head in the app.

This leaves me with 2 options, release a free ad supported app or change the app icon and splash screen.

Just wanted to say I can understand the reasons for this and grateful for the club allowing us to keep the logo up.

Just a quick update on the app, I contacted the club last week as I was looking at the possibility of printing up some t shirts with the forum logo on, I was told that as the Ram is copyrighted we would need a licence to sell merchandise and to display the Ram on a website.

I was sent the licence costs and lets just say it was expensive so a no no. I've spoken to Faye at the club this morning and she confirmed that I would need a licence for the merchandise however the club executives are willing to let us keep the forum logo up without but I should have contacted them before using it in the first place, oooops.

What has this got to do with the app? Well I'am not allowed to charge for this either, the app must be free if I use the ram head in the app.

This leaves me with 2 options, release a free ad supported app or change the app icon and splash screen.

Just wanted to say I can understand the reasons for this and grateful for the club allowing us to keep the logo up.

i'd change the logo with just "dcfc fans" in white with a black background. so you will still be able to charge for an advert free version.

To keep the logo, could you make a free app with in app purchases?

DCFC fans app free and the Push notification subscription costs for example.

Otherwise Id say loose the logo and charge, but having said that I don't buy apps...

The app doesn't support in app purchases so is a no go, uploading 2 apps one with ads one without would also be a no no as the api only allows one app.

I will pull the app from the review process and look at replacing the images.

The image dimensions if you want a go srg and anyone else are....

144 x 144 for the app icon

1536 x 2048 for the splash screen

2048 x1536 for the landscape splash screen

They need to be png files, contain no Ram or copyrighted images and on the splash screens they do trim some of the edges off for some reason so no text to the edges, give a decent gap.

The font I use for dcfcfans.uk is either ariel or helvetica neue, can't quite remember without finding the psd files.

Archived