TV Shows to Watch Before You Die

cannable

No it wasn't!

They'd have said "Good night, Sissy-boy".

I stand corrected.

Incidentally Richard Thomas (John Boy) went on to give a thoroughly competent performance of Paul Baumer in the remake of All Quiet on the Western Front. Saying that, I have no idea why a remake was necessary. The original 1930 film is a masterpiece of cinema, and a faithful adaptation of Erich Remarque's book.

The original film features the only scene in any film which is guaranteed to render me to a gibbering, tearful wreck.

Edit - one of two. I've just remembered the ending of Schindler's List

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dexter, the series go up and down quite a bit but series 4 is one of the best series of anything ever imo

Only trouble with Dexter is that the final season was guff, and the last episode was sh1te. 

It peaked with Trinity tbh, it was never as good again after that.

Only trouble with Dexter is that the final season was guff, and the last episode was sh1te. 

It peaked with Trinity tbh, it was never as good again after that.

Im just about to finish series 7, which has been decent! Found the stuff with the Ukrainians very cool

The Trinity Killer was absolutely fantastic!

Yea I had been told that everything after series 4 wasnt that great, did enjoy series 6 though

The problem was definitely peaking with Trinity. Following that was always going to be tough. Ideally, that would have been the final season. They seemed to struggle in coming up with something to top that storyline, and of course in the end, they couldn't. 

The problem was definitely peaking with Trinity. Following that was always going to be tough. Ideally, that would have been the final season. They seemed to struggle in coming up with something to top that storyline, and of course in the end, they couldn't. 

Problem with alot of tv shows is they dont know how and when it is going to end, those that do (ie breaking bad) can plan ahead and have say all 4 series planned out and ready. Shows like Dexter get dragged out longer and longer to make more money

Problem with alot of tv shows is they dont know how and when it is going to end, those that do (ie breaking bad) can plan ahead and have say all 4 series planned out and ready. Shows like Dexter get dragged out longer and longer to make more money

From memory, they took Dexter one season at a time. As in, ok we know we're not going to be ending at the end of this series so we need a season-long storyline but we don't need to wrap up the overall series arc. They DID know in the final series that there wouldn't be more, and they had an idea of where they wanted to go. Without going into detail and spoiling anything, what they wanted was overruled by Showtime, who wanted something different. 

From memory, they took Dexter one season at a time. As in, ok we know we're not going to be ending at the end of this series so we need a season-long storyline but we don't need to wrap up the overall series arc. They DID know in the final series that there wouldn't be more, and they had an idea of where they wanted to go. Without going into detail and spoiling anything, what they wanted was overruled by Showtime, who wanted something different. 

Im guessing Showtime wanted an "open" ending where they could bring it back if needed

I've finished all 8, what the **** was series 8?

A clusterfook.

The final episode really narked me, such a cheap way to go for the 'emotional impact' ending. Not the writers' fault though, they wanted to 'go another way'. Thanks Showtime, FFS...... :rolleyes:

A clusterfook.

The final episode really narked me, such a cheap way to go for the 'emotional impact' ending. Not the writers' fault though, they wanted to 'go another way'. Thanks Showtime, FFS...... :rolleyes:

!Spoilers!

It started to lose its way at the end of series 5, with Deb letting them go. thats when characters started to act like absolute retards making decisions that they wouldn't make. They kept adding increasingly unlike-able characters and ones who served no real purpose, looking as Masuka's daughter.

Archived