TV Shows to Watch Before You Die

cannable

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short and sweet, cheers.

'No' you haven't watched it or 'No' it's not worth sticking out?

I watched the first season. It started off reasonably well but never really got going.

It may just be a matter of taste. It scores 8.8/10 on IMDB (the holy grail of review sites) so it must be very good.

Watching Sons of Anarchy still. Enjoying it.

Just started Dexter too.

Got the Shield and Justified next.

The Shield is phenomenal. A shame that's it's so often overlooked in favour of shows like The Wire and The Sopranos. It's every bit as good IMO. It's a safe bet that if you like SoA then you'll like The Shield as well.

Justified is great too.

I have just watched the first season of Breaking Bad and cannot for the life of me see what all the fuss is about. It is okay but nothing more.

Have to agree - I've tried it a few times, but just can't get into it. 

There's loads of people who rate it highly though so it must have something about it. Just not seeing it...... :(

I have just watched the first season of Breaking Bad and cannot for the life of me see what all the fuss is about. It is okay but nothing more.

I loved The X-Files at its best and even in later seasons it was still always decent.

Have to agree - I've tried it a few times, but just can't get into it. 

There's loads of people who rate it highly though so it must have something about it. Just not seeing it...... :(

I felt exactly the same after the first season, but keep at it. It'll blow you away once you become hooked.

The best TV series I've seen.

(Hence the name!)

I've got the Blu Rays stocked up so I'll definitely be persevering with it. 

This happens occasionally, I didn't rate The Sopranos particularly either. Or The Wire.

The Wire is hard to get into but once you do it is fantastic.

The Sopranos is good but massively overrated.

I loved The X-Files at its best and even in later seasons it was still always decent.

first season isnt that good, but stick with it and you'll see what all the fuss is about

The Wire is hard to get into but once you do it is fantastic.

The Sopranos is good but massively overrated.

I watched all of The Wire on the assumption that eventually I'd 'get it' - don't get me wrong, it's a good show. I just didn't go batsh1t crazy over it. A solid 8/10 series for me. 

The Sopranos was pretty much the same. Good show, wouldn't class it as outstanding personally. Another 8/10 show.

Oz - never seen.

Eastbound and Down is pretty funny.  Danny McBride plays Kenny Powers a professional baseball player who falls from grace and has to take his large ego back to his close knit home town community.  It's probably not everyones cup of tea but there are some hilarious episodes and some good cameos from Will Ferrell, Craig Robinson and Matthew McConaughy, amongst others, throughout the 4 series.  I'd say it's a solid 7/10 TV comedy.

Fargo - one of those series where each season presents a new plot line. Like True Detective. It's exciting and has a good cast, although sometimes they overdo it with the violence.

Utopia - second season currently on Channel 4. Exciting, interesting plot, unpredictable. Although again violence is sometimes employed for no good reason.

Been watching IT Crowd, didn't get into it before. Episode 1 of Season 2, the build up to Moss serving the drinks at the theatre is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

That whole episode is probably my favourite, hilarious!

Archived