Good Pubs In Derbyshire

Shuff264

Whats wrong with the Nags?

Not a lot right about it, why you don't find many locals in there.

Rude staff/management & awful food which is either not what you ordered or forgotten about.

Haven't been in since I told them I'd never step foot in there again about a year back but hear regular from friends not from Mickleover nothings change.

On a lighter note, the exeter in town is the place at the moment just won best food/beer award 2013

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a lot right about it, why you don't find many locals in there.

Rude staff/management & awful food which is either not what you ordered or forgotten about.

Haven't been in since I told them I'd never step foot in there again about a year back but hear regular from friends not from Mickleover nothings change.

On a lighter note, the exeter in town is the place at the moment just won best food/beer award 2013

I quite enjoyed it when I was in there, mainly because of the massive variety of beers.

On the note of best food, The Dragon in Willington got best food outside of Derby.

Walked from Belper to Makeney along the river and back again along the heritage trail and went to the Milford Social Club, very 1970's but good, cheap ale and then the Holly Bush, which is even better than ever.

is the social club open, done the walk mesen, but never knew if it was open, or dared check, as social clubs used to be closed shops and you couldn't just walk in.

is the social club open, done the walk mesen, but never knew if it was open, or dared check, as social clubs used to be closed shops and you couldn't just walk in.

Yeh, you can just walk in. Dancing Duck 22 at £2.50 a pint. It's a cross between a modern bar and a 1970s welfare. I quite liked it.

pool table, jukebox, darts. Look's like i'm moving early August. Looked at houses on The Fleet, Mill Street and Nottingham Road.

Nottingham road can be busy at peak times, and depending if u have a drive, street parking is a bun fight.

Mill is quieter, near town etc.

The fleet is nice also, can be a bugger when it snows, unless you have a beast to drive like me.

Nottingham road can be busy at peak times, and depending if u have a drive, street parking is a bun fight.

Mill is quieter, near town etc.

The fleet is nice also, can be a bugger when it snows, unless you have a beast to drive like me.

Yeh the house on Nottm Road doesn't have a drive, but the ones opposite do, so parking isn't too bad. It's where the Fleet meets Gibfield. Just renting the first year, so not as fussy as a purchase.

Lots of rentals in Belper,

I used to rent out my first house, and was amazed when people offered me below the asking price. But, I found myself accepting, as I wanted the money in to cover the mortgage.

It's always worth making an offer, especially if you think you may be in for a year.

Lots of rentals in Belper,

I used to rent out my first house, and was amazed when people offered me below the asking price. But, I found myself accepting, as I wanted the money in to cover the mortgage.

It's always worth making an offer, especially if you think you may be in for a year.

Yeh, offered a bit less than they are asking for. Will try it with all 3. One will bite. Not been in the Black Bulls Head, sounds good though.

The Dead Poets in Holbrook is superb I have to say that as I virtually live there, Hunters Arms Kilburn is now great and the Black Bulls Head Openwoodgate is really taking off. 

The Oak at Horsley Woodhouse is probably the most overrated pub of the year!! Well beer wise anyway.

The Dead Poets in Holbrook is superb I have to say that as I virtually live there, Hunters Arms Kilburn is now great and the Black Bulls Head Openwoodgate is really taking off. 

The Oak at Horsley Woodhouse is probably the most overrated pub of the year!! Well beer wise anyway.

I'd give that award to the Bulls Head in Repton

the oak used to be the in place for real ale.

Have they dropped the ball? So to speak.

The RURAD bar at the back is pretty decent but the Leadmill beer is bad. Inconsistent is an understatement.

oh dear, it's a shame, as I used to love their ales. Especially when the original stables bar was open at park hall.

Archived