Derby County v Manchester United

Day

yeah, at college 3 and half days a week. My day off is on a wednesdays which used to be my hang over day after tuesday night, but havin stopped goin out for abit cuz of the cup games for derby. Saturday is obviously football day and hardly anywhere is open on sundays. Im dreading if my season ticket price goes up next year might have to have a hopeful interest free loan from my dad

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at 6th form 5 days a week so to pay for next season ticket I've started putting stuff aside that I'm going to sell: Xbox 360, iPod etc.

Until then I may have to resort to babysitting for my Mum's friends kids

yeahh its a good idea. Might just try and get away with the same price season ticket or younger, we will get my little sister one and ill use it, they never check do they, you just hand it and walk in. Beleive me, if times get desperate ill be trying that. Dont think my girlfriend will be happy that she has got nothin for valentines day due to man united at home and forest away:eek:

Originally posted by David;1592

Thats the one lol.

Been thinking about this game and I think this is an ideal time to rest some players and give the fringe players a run out, Villa, Sterjovski, Varney etc.

The money will be nice IF we could do the unthinkable, but with a league game against a team that is just above us should be more important.

Dono if I agree with this theory or not. Ok key players will be rested for other games but there's a risk of the team becoming slightly disjointed.

We're on a good run and players such as Hulse, Savage, Commons and Tealinho are bang on form - why rest them and risk upsetting the apple cart?

Good point also.

It's swings and roundabouts really - if we rest them and lose to Blackpool it'll be "such-and-such lost match sharpness as he didn't play against United".

If we play them the arguement will be that they're burnt out, or even worse as you say, if they get injured.

If it was me I'd play a full strength side - go out to win every game.

Originally posted by David;1758

True but what if Hulse and Commons get injured playing in a game we have a slim chance of winning. If we was mid table and safe maybe id risk it.

Commons got injured in the last United match did he not, gash to the sgin, then had to play as a sub for the first Forest FA Cup game.

TBH whoever plays that day, we will go for them like the last 2 times i reckon. :eek:

Good news for us, Wayne Rooney could make his comeback

WAYNE Rooney could return for Manchester United in Sunday's FA Cup tie against Derby County.

The England striker has been out since mid-January with a hamstring injury but is in line for the fifth round clash at Pride Park Stadium.

Defender Patrice Evra is on his way back from an ankle problem and could also play.

Both were close to being involved in United's victory over West Ham United at Upton Park at the weekend, when they moved back to the top of the Premier League.

"They [Rooney and Evra] had little setbacks in training," said manager Sir Alex Ferguson. "They didn't do a lot last week, which was partly to do with the weather.

"They needed another three or four days' training before we could start considering them."

Team line-ups

TEAM LINE-UPS

DERBY COUNTY

Stephen Bywater

Paul Connolly

Miles Addison

Martin Albrechtsen

Jordan Stewart

Nacer Barazite

Robbie Savage

Paul Green

Gary Teale

Kris Commons

Rob Hulse

SUBS

Roy Carroll

Mile Sterjovski

Lewin Nyatanga

Steve Davies

Andy Todd

Stephen Pearson

Chris Porter

MANCHESTER UNITED

Ben Foster

Rafael Da Silva

Rio Ferdinand

Jonny Evans

Patrice Evra

Ji-Sung Park

Darren Fletcher

Darron Gibson

Nani

Cristiano Ronaldo

Ryan Giggs

SUBS

Tomasz Kuszczak

Nemanja Vidic

Paul Scholes

Danny Welbeck

John O'Shea

Carlos Tevez

Rodrigo Possebon

So then, half time Derby 0 - 2 United.

Not alot to say really, we're playing the world champions and it shows, don't think we should be embarrased, it's not as if we playing poor, just United are on form.

Be nice to see us pull one back and dont concede to many more.

Derby 1 - 4 Man United

Got a lesson in football today, still can be proud of the lads showed in the second half we didnt hide away, could even of grabbed a couple more ourselves, although they had plenty more left in the tank to finish us off if needed.

Wasnt to be.

Originally posted by David;2310

Derby 1 - 4 Man United

Got a lesson in football today, still can be proud of the lads showed in the second half we didnt hide away, could even of grabbed a couple more ourselves, although they had plenty more left in the tank to finish us off if needed.

Wasnt to be.

We did well, score does not do us justice...2-0 first half, 2-1 second half and we had our chances.

Another Goal against Utd this season, how many teams can say that ?

I'm happy, one game too far in the Cups but hopefully we can reap the rewards.

Good game, good game.

Giggs is class.

Archived