A question for pun infested mods and admins

Cisse

I have been posting here over two years now and followed the forum even longer. For the most part I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for that belongs to everyone here.

However I've also got sad, mad and even disgusted by the things happening here. It seems that we Rams fans are sensitive bunch and get carried away when we come by opinions that differs from ours. This has resulted some people leaving the forum by choice or otherwise.

Here is my question. Would it be a possibility to create a thread where you could post your opinions on any matter at all the way you wanted as long as it is not against the law ? This thread should be only entered if you are willing to accept that you cannot report or moan to mods/admins if you don't like what you are reading. So if you feel you can't take it or feel you might get upset just stay the heck out of that thread.

Naturally the thread should be supervised by mods/admins. But at least that way you shouldn't have to fear of offending anyone since they are on that precise thread voluntarily.

Opinions please.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you will find that some people get abusive if you do not agree with them.

One  example the is Miners strike .

That's why we should have a thread like that. Like a wild west sometimes but it would help keeping other threads in order. And no one should get offended as easily since all the hotheads and controversial material would be directed to one place.

I agree but some things are so contentious its difficult to discuss them at all  without  a face to face discussion.  Some people say things on here they wouldnt dare say to your face.

I agree with that. But my worry is that there are people that are no longer with us on this forum due to their opinions creating reports even when they were good although strong opinions which were even very well explained. Also people have been fed up with this bickering. For example Daveo has apparently got enough of us. 

Let's create a kind of rubbish bin.

I think you will find that some people get abusive if you do not agree with them.

One example is the Miners strike .

Did you report said abuse because I haven't come across any complaints in the mod room, only Daveos, and that was sorted out, following forum rules.

Guys - whenever a thread in off topic goes contraversial and people fall out it inevitably hits all over the forum in other threads.

If we have a rubbish bin for no holds barrred it probably will go the same way.

Opinions do not create reports - how they are put across may do if they insult or upset other members. An opinion does not include calling others dilusional, insane or smackheads (all words used when starting a post disagreeing with posters recently) it is these posts that create reports.

Reports don't always end up in warnings either.

Well it was just a suggestion out of frustration. I don't want to see anyone banned or getting fed up with this. All would be good if people would just leave the comments and threads as they get unhappy. That is what I have done for a couple of times.  

Ok fair comment.

But i do think that the general tone of this place could be more respectful on all sides of discussions .

Sometimes im sure it stops people posting.

I think with the growth in numbers there's an inevitable change.

Regardless its still nicer than the DET was ( even me and ramblur get on)

Well it was just a suggestion out of frustration. I don't want to see anyone banned or getting fed up with this. All would be good if people would just leave the comments and threads as they get unhappy. That is what I have done for a couple of times.

start a joke thread they're allways good for a laugh

I have been posting here over two years now and followed the forum even longer. For the most part I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for that belongs to everyone here.

However I've also got sad, mad and even disgusted by the things happening here. It seems that we Rams fans are sensitive bunch and get carried away when we come by opinions that differs from ours. This has resulted some people leaving the forum by choice or otherwise.

Here is my question. Would it be a possibility to create a thread where you could post your opinions on any matter at all the way you wanted as long as it is not against the law ? This thread should be only entered if you are willing to accept that you cannot report or moan to mods/admins if you don't like what you are reading. So if you feel you can't take it or feel you might get upset just stay the heck out of that thread.

Naturally the thread should be supervised by mods/admins. But at least that way you shouldn't have to fear of offending anyone since they are on that precise thread voluntarily.

Opinions please.

stupid boy..

:lol:

I think with the growth in numbers there's an inevitable change.

Regardless its still nicer than the DET was ( even me and ramblur get on)

This is a very clean forum. If it weren't the name calling it would be perfect. 

Archived