The wrestling thread

DCFCfranco

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it's physically demanding and requires skill. Rebuttal?

So does fire-fighting? :p

Never really got the fuss myself, probably because I was too busy watching football and F1 as a kid to get into it. Really does stump me in all honesty, but each to their own.

You're the mod. Feel free to move it :p

Oh if I had my way I'd just delete :p

But Daveo mentioned something about power and responsibility to me once, don't think I could get away with it. :ph34r:

Tell you what I do like about wrestling, is those video games. Doesn't matter how drunk you or your opponent is, you can just keep bashing the buttons til someone wins, and it looks pretty cool while you're doing it.

So does fire-fighting? :p

Never really got the fuss myself, probably because I was too busy watching football and F1 as a kid to get into it. Really does stump me in all honesty, but each to their own.

Haha perhaps, that would be my cookie-cutter definition of a sport though.

That's fair enough, it's just a lot people can't get over the fact that it's scripted (it's not necessarily "fake" as what they're doing does/can hurt). It's only the ending that's pre-determined too. That and they're half-naked. But then again, actual wrestling wasn't done in much more clothing.

I just like the whole spectacle of it all tbh. The lights, music, crowd participation, etc just make it interesting to occasionally watch.

Archived