Please Help... 3G Data Usage Bill?

PrivateDerby

Right so just checked this months phone bill and it's £57!

It's a new contract that should only be £30 and I was told it was unlimited calls and texts with 750mb of data. Now I haven't been downloading songs or videos, I haven't been watching youtube or you but I do use it for googling things, this forum and a few other things... 

So what the bloody hell is going on? 

Tried ringing orange but India now shut their call centres at 10pm our time so I am screwed until tomorrow. 

It's an Iphone and I don't know how to use it properly, could I have left something on? Should I turn something off? Should I turn the f*cker off all together?!

I feel like launching it through oranges window on the High Street.

Please help  :lol:

Thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if youve got wifi in your house connect that up so you dont use any 3G. I used to have an iphone, killed my intenet every month. somehow i kept getting little add ons aswell. They wont help you out either. Also if its a new contract then you might be paying abit more until your normal bill date comes along if that makes sence.

Thanks DR just done that.

I think that it's because I've had everything running for a month, sky sports, sky news, football league, safari and stuff and never turned data or 3G off! They're tw*ts though... "No matter what you do, you'll never use it up mate"

Right so just checked this months phone bill and it's £57!

It's a new contract that should only be £30 and I was told it was unlimited calls and texts with 750mb of data. Now I haven't been downloading songs or videos, I haven't been watching youtube or you but I do use it for googling things, this forum and a few other things... 

So what the bloody hell is going on? 

Tried ringing orange but India now shut their call centres at 10pm our time so I am screwed until tomorrow. 

It's an Iphone and I don't know how to use it properly, could I have left something on? Should I turn something off? Should I turn the f*cker off all together?!

I feel like launching it through oranges window on the High Street.

Please help  :lol:

Thanks.

I had exactly the same problem with Orange.

Had a bill of £499 one month,£250 another month,also on an iPhone.

I have an iPhone with o2 now,and no such problems.

Seems very strange,i was with Orange for 5 years,same bills,give or take £10,and had these massive hikes.

Some would say say fraudulent!!!!!

Seems very strange,i was with Orange for 5 years,same bills,give or take £10,and had these massive hikes.

I had an iPhone with them for 2 years and never had an issue with the bills.

But I read all the horror stories and made sure mobile data was off from day one. Set my email to refresh manually or every couple of hours.

If you're sending or receiving pictures over iMessage that will eat your data up, normal texts through it won't use much. Downloading Emails on the mail app can be a killer if you receive a lot as it downloads them to the phone.

750mb isn't a great deal and when you go over the charges get silly, if you use it a lot just buy extra data.

You can check how much you've used in Settings > Usage > Cellular Usage, just reset it each time you enter a new billing period

I had an iPhone with them for 2 years and never had an issue with the bills.

But I read all the horror stories and made sure mobile data was off from day one. Set my email to refresh manually or every couple of hours.

The thing I couldn't understand davenport,was over 5 years I was with them,bills were very consistent,give or take 10 quid a month.

They never even thanked me,for paying for the Xmas do :-)

That's unbelievable mate! I'm worried even more now  :lol:

Archived