Guardiola

Asanovic

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under the radar that one, funny how the English media jumped all over his comments about wanting to manage in England yesterday.

3 year contract, wonder if it will expire in line with Fergie retiring and will Mourinho be at City by then? Hmmm

There aren't any English clubs that could attract Mourinho or Pep other than Man Utd.. Chelsea is a no-no with Abramovic, Arsenal aren't a big enough club anymore, Man City perhaps but they'll always be in the shadow of Man Utd..

Bayern is a great move for Pep.. German football is on the rise and it's technical along the floor football played at pace..

I'm just a little bit disappointed he didn't end up at AC Milan.. They need a new direction and Pep could have built a dynasty there and within his own timeline..

There aren't any English clubs that could attract Mourinho or Pep other than Man Utd.. Chelsea is a no-no with Abramovic, Arsenal aren't a big enough club anymore, Man City perhaps but they'll always be in the shadow of Man Utd..

Bayern is a great move for Pep.. German football is on the rise and it's technical along the floor football played at pace..

I'm just a little bit disappointed he didn't end up at AC Milan.. They need a new direction and Pep could have built a dynasty there and within his own timeline..

Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal would still attract top managers, managers will go where there's money to be spent simple as.

Mourinho has openly said he wants back to come back to England and Pep was talking up English football yesterday, didn't sound to keen on Italy either where he said the fans want to kill you if you lose.

Mourinho will be at City in the summer and Pep will be at United after his 3 years at Bayern. Find me a bookie that will take that bet on and I'll stick 50p on it.

Milan target Pep Guardiola has admitted that he is attracted by the idea of working in England. “When you lose in Italy…”

Rossoneri President Silvio Berlusconi has spoken openly about his admiration for the former Barcelona boss.

Guardiola is currently in the middle of a sabbatical, but he has confirmed that he’ll be back in the game next season – but seemingly not in Serie A.

“In Italy, Latin people will support you when you are playing and when you lose, they kill you,” stated the former Brescia and Roma player.

“In England I'm always surprised that people always support everything and that is nice. That's why, maybe, I hope to have the challenge or the opportunity to train there.

“I've always found English football very fascinating, for the environment, the crowd and the supporters,” he added.

“As a player, I couldn't realise my dream to play there. But I hope in the future I have a challenge to be a Coach or a manager there and feel the experience of all the Coaches and players that have been there.

“It is unique, to play in that League. The support is amazing. I want to feel the supporters, the environment, the media and the style of the players and everything.

“I am still young, just 41, so I hope in the future I could be able to train there and enjoy that.”

Guardiola is being linked with both Manchester clubs and Chelsea.

http://www.football-italia.net/29534/guardiola-ready-snub-italy

I can see why England is tempting. The money, media hype etc.

Gone to a great club in the most exciting league. The blend of Spanish football and English pace. Backed by full grounds and good atmosphere. Loving German football

The only problem with German football is that it's strictly a two horse race..

I'd put a lot of money on that there won't be a club other than Dortmund or Bayern to win the Bundesliga over the next 6 or 7 years.. Schalke, Leverkusen, Werder Bremen.. They're big clubs too but not anywhere near the other two..

People say how far the Italian game has fallen but you've got to admit this season it looks like the only league that has a title challenger.. England, Germany and Spains top leagues are already sewn up.. In Italy anyone of Lazio, Napoli, Inter and Juve could still win the league..

And you can see how a giant club can fall so easily (Milan).. Could you imagine Man Utd dropping down to 7th in a season.. It would never happen..

The only problem with German football is that it's strictly a two horse race..

I'd put a lot of money on that there won't be a club other than Dortmund or Bayern to win the Bundesliga over the next 6 or 7 years.. Schalke, Leverkusen, Werder Bremen.. They're big clubs too but not anywhere near the other two..

People say how far the Italian game has fallen but you've got to admit this season it looks like the only league that has a title challenger.. England, Germany and Spains top leagues are already sewn up.. In Italy anyone of Lazio, Napoli, Inter and Juve could still win the league..

And you can see how a giant club can fall so easily (Milan).. Could you imagine Man Utd dropping down to 7th in a season.. It would never happen..

Schalke could maybe dispute that, they seem to have a bit of money behind them. I'm surprised Hertha Berlin aren't a bigger club playing in such a big city.

Dortmund are a quality side and have managed to nurture a league winning side without splashing ridiculous amounts of cash, Bayern on the other hand have the cash to attract top players but up until this season haven't been that consistent recently. I like the Bundesliga, would love to go to dortmund game and stand on that terrace behind the goal.

Schalke could maybe dispute that, they seem to have a bit of money behind them. I'm surprised Hertha Berlin aren't a bigger club playing in such a big city.

Dortmund are a quality side and have managed to nurture a league winning side without splashing ridiculous amounts of cash, Bayern on the other hand have the cash to attract top players but up until this season haven't been that consistent recently. I like the Bundesliga, would love to go to dortmund game and stand on that terrace behind the goal.

Schalke are similar to Arsenal in that they'll lose their better players to bigger clubs whilst maintaining a top 7 spot but they'll never be on a level similar to the other two... It must be difficult for them, they've had their best players pinched by Bayern Munich and the likes of Huntelaar, Holtby and Affelay are already planning summer moves they can't get any momntum going..

Agree with you about Hertha Berlin, they must have massive potential.. Hannover too have big potential.. But it's strange, the Bundesliga is an open market and it's amazing why billionaires haven't bothered to go there as wit the support and growing league it seems like a new cash cow.. I have no idea why they've bothered to go for the likes of PSG, Malaga, Anzhi, Leicester City, even Man City when Hertha Berlin, Schalke or Hannover would be an amazing project..

Schalke are similar to Arsenal in that they'll lose their better players to bigger clubs whilst maintaining a top 7 spot but they'll never be on a level similar to the other two... It must be difficult for them, they've had their best players pinched by Bayern Munich and the likes of Huntelaar, Holtby and Affelay are already planning summer moves they can't get any momntum going..

Agree with you about Hertha Berlin, they must have massive potential.. Hannover too have big potential.. But it's strange, the Bundesliga is an open market and it's amazing why billionaires haven't bothered to go there as wit the support and growing league it seems like a new cash cow.. I have no idea why they've bothered to go for the likes of PSG, Malaga, Anzhi, Leicester City, even Man City when Hertha Berlin, Schalke or Hannover would be an amazing project..

You could add Cologne to the list of teams with big potential too. Hertha Berlin would surely be a more attractive club to buy than Leicester though, huge city without a massive club, 70000 seat stadium, massive potential fan base. It's Bizarre.

Archived