What would you like to happen to the rams in 2013????

Derby born & bred

GSE are after $$$$ and the only way they'll get a decent amount of $$$$$ is if they get us in the prem. Maybe that's why we're signing younger players. To build a team who can play together good team spirit ect. Play for the badge not their paycheck. If we can build a team that has good chemistry and can play together, i think we have a better chance of going and staying up instead of throwing our money around on ***** like andy griffin.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've just twisted the question on me now. I never said they were saviors? I said they're good businessmen, who won't see us end up like a Rangers or Pompey.

Why is it that everytime we talk about GSE or the owners the pro GSE bring up bloody Portsmouth and now Rangers.... two clubs who have nearly gone to the wall out of how many other clubs(90 ODD I THINK) who are doing the same and surviving or doing pretty well. i,e, Cardiff, Leicester, Southampton in the Prem.

You talk about them being good businessmen, but for WHO????? Derby or themselfs???? your kiding yourself and need to open your eyes....and dont kidd yourself if you think they would not leave us like Portsmouth or Rangers FC if they had there chance of getting there money back and getting out of this with their heads held high enough.

Why is it that everytime we talk about GSE or the owners the pro GSE bring up bloody Portsmouth and now Rangers.... two clubs who have nearly gone to the wall out of how many other clubs(90 ODD I THINK) who are doing the same and surviving or doing pretty well. i,e, Cardiff, Leicester, Southampton in the Prem.

You talk about them being good businessmen, but for WHO????? Derby or themselfs???? your kiding yourself and need to open your eyes....and dont kidd yourself if you think they would not leave us like Portsmouth or Rangers FC if they had there chance of getting there money back and getting out of this with their heads held high enough.

Remind me.....how much debt are Fester and Cardiff in?

It's not really a silly question? If you're so keen on anti board then shout up who you would want.

GSE see a massive potential but they want us to be a successful business (which is what a footy club is nowadays) i.e not ending up with players on stupid wages and fees which'll turn our club into a mess again. They tried that and failed with Jewell, players on silly money, going for the one shot back into the prem.

I've repeated this point too many times...blame Jewell, not the current board!

Presumably,if Clough succeeds,you'll be saying 'give Clough all the credit,not the current board' ?

GSE are after $$$$ and the only way they'll get a decent amount of $$$$$ is if they get us in the prem. Maybe that's why we're signing younger players. To build a team who can play together good team spirit ect. Play for the badge not their paycheck. If we can build a team that has good chemistry and can play together, i think we have a better chance of going and staying up instead of throwing our money around on ***** like andy griffin.

Are they really after $$$$?

There are so many other ways to make money that are safer than owning a football club. Buy some property, invest in stocks and shares.

I 100% agree with the rest of your post though.

Are they really after $$$$?

There are so many other ways to make money that are safer than owning a football club. Buy some property, invest in stocks and shares.

I 100% agree with the rest of your post though.

It could be £££££

But seriously, I put that because the value of the club will increase if we become an established PL club, then they could sell to sheik mansour's younger, richer, smarter, better looking brother for a large profit.

Remind me.....how much debt are Fester and Cardiff in?

We got into trouble because we borrowed from the bank to buy and pay players and banks want their money back. Leicester, Cardiff, Forest, Chelsea, Stoke,Man Citeh, Wigan,Fulham,Saints etc have had owner investment so the debt can be converted to equity to avoid the FFP.

The owners of these clubs know that they have already invested far more than they can ever realise by selling the clubs on but are happy to spend some of their own money so that they might enjoy the thrill of competing in the world's greatest sport and maybe creating a little bit of history for their own legacy.

We however appear to have found owners whose involvement in our club seems to defy any sort of understanding. I am starting to wonder if the only purpose for them in the ownership of the Rams is to use DCFC's losses to offset profits gained in another tax domain as we are part of a sporting group? Is this possible Ramblur ?

It could be £££££

But seriously, I put that because the value of the club will increase if we become an established PL club, then they could sell to sheik mansour's younger, richer, smarter, better looking brother for a large profit.

They're not exactly going about making us a top flight club as quickly as possible though, are they?

Which I think is right - I actually believe our owners have the club's best interests at heart and are doing things the right way. They've made mistakes, but so has every regime that went before them. We won't be going under, or spending money irresponsibly.

I'm not going to make the 'Rangers and Pompey' case, because it's dated, and not relevant for us, but I'm more looking at the three amigos. For those who aren't happy with what's happening (or not happening) at the moment, that should be a stark reminder of how bad things have been in very recent history.

But to go back to the original point, I don't think they're here to make a buck out of us. If I had to guess what they want out of us, I'd say it will be another succesful, well run business to add to their portfolio. But I doubt we'll be a big money spinner for them.

If they wanted us in the PL quickly they could have done a Leicester and spunked a load of cash quickly to get us there.

They're not exactly going about making us a top flight club as quickly as possible though, are they?

Which I think is right - I actually believe our owners have the club's best interests at heart and are doing things the right way. They've made mistakes, but so has every regime that went before them. We won't be going under, or spending money irresponsibly.

I'm not going to make the 'Rangers and Pompey' case, because it's dated, and not relevant for us, but I'm more looking at the three amigos. For those who aren't happy with what's happening (or not happening) at the moment, that should be a stark reminder of how bad things have been in very recent history.

But to go back to the original point, I don't think they're here to make a buck out of us. If I had to guess what they want out of us, I'd say it will be another succesful, well run business to add to their portfolio. But I doubt we'll be a big money spinner for them.

If they wanted us in the PL quickly they could have done a Leicester and spunked a load of cash quickly to get us there.

Are you talking about the owners or investors?

Also did we not spend a fortune in their first season with us?

I'm not sure why the investors would be interested in anything but getting a roi?

Check List for 2013

Ensure home form continues

Barker recovers for next season, if not get a replacement (unless Obrien becomes a really good player)

Sell Tyson, Bailey, Davies, Doyle, Naylor.

Ward and Sammon to pick up where they left off.

Bennett to get some game time (once we know we are not gonna get playoffs)

We got into trouble because we borrowed from the bank to buy and pay players and banks want their money back. Leicester, Cardiff, Forest, Chelsea, Stoke,Man Citeh, Wigan,Fulham,Saints etc have had owner investment so the debt can be converted to equity to avoid the FFP.

The owners of these clubs know that they have already invested far more than they can ever realise by selling the clubs on but are happy to spend some of their own money so that they might enjoy the thrill of competing in the world's greatest sport and maybe creating a little bit of history for their own legacy.

We however appear to have found owners whose involvement in our club seems to defy any sort of understanding. I am starting to wonder if the only purpose for them in the ownership of the Rams is to use DCFC's losses to offset profits gained in another tax domain as we are part of a sporting group? Is this possible Ramblur ?

We're not really part of a sporting group-I'm guessing that you're working along the lines that we're owned by GSE,who have sports derived income in the States.However,we're effectively owned by a group of investors who seem to come under some kind of General Sports umbrella.So,looking at GSE's other income,is there common ownership? (do our investors also have interests within other parts of GSE?).After all of this you have to consider that profits/losses would derive from different tax jurisdictions.

Suppose I should have just said no!

We're not really part of a sporting group-I'm guessing that you're working along the lines that we're owned by GSE,who have sports derived income in the States.However,we're effectively owned by a group of investors who seem to come under some kind of General Sports umbrella.So,looking at GSE's other income,is there common ownership? (do our investors also have interests within other parts of GSE?).After all of this you have to consider that profits/losses would derive from different tax jurisdictions.

Suppose I should have just said no!

Thanks Ramblur

I'd like to see a couple of the fringe players gone, some of the youngsters going out on loan and, most importantly, bring maybe 2 new faces in. Perhaps a young left back and a goal poacher. Don't think we'll be near the play-offs come the end of the season so I'd be happy with top 10. Play-offs next year for sure 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived