Taking into consideration players who could leave in Jan and players we might get in, where are Derby most lacking? GK, DF, MID OR ATT?

RampantRam

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need a 20 goals a season striker to get into the play-offs, I bet there wasn't more than 2 or 3 that scored that many championship goals last season but there were 6 teams promoted or in the play offs. You probably do need 2 or 3 players that can score 15 or so a season. Like someone said I don't think getting goals has been an issue, frailties at the back are what's stopped us from winning more games

All it takes is a few injuries, like Buxton and with the slim possibility of losing Brayford to West Ham this Jan our defense is gonna look even shakier. If there's anything left in the pot, we need to look at a centre back to pair with Keogh.

I can't believe people think we are ok in the forwards department.

Do you think without Sturridges 20 goals in the 95/96 season we'd still have got promoted? Or Howard's goals in the season under BD?

And someone mentioned Ward being the best forward at the club? Lol, he's scored just over a dozen goals In two seasons.

Do you think without Sturridges 20 goals in the 95/96 season we'd still have got promoted? Or Howard's goals in the season under BD?

And someone mentioned Ward being the best forward at the club? Lol, he's scored just over a dozen goals In two seasons.

if you went to the matches this year you'll notice before his injury he was scoring almost every game up front with sammon.

Yeah but Ward is a massive sicknote. No denying his quality. One of my mates is a Palace fan and he said even though they beat us 3-0, we were quality to watch, we just had no real attacking threat.

I just think if we want to build towards a promotion season, we need to get our back line solid and stop losing out on games we could have won through poor defensive errors.

For a start Jamie Ward isn't an out and out forward, he hasn't been since his days at Chesterfield

He should be stuck on the the opposite flack to Jacobs where he can use pace (his best attribute) to good affect.

What's with the dig about lack of matches? Snappy lilttle sod arent you. It's common knowledge Ward is a winger, despite his goals earlier this season.

For a start Jamie Ward isn't an out and out forward, he hasn't been since his days at Chesterfield

He should be stuck on the the opposite flack to Jacobs where he can use pace (his best attribute) to good affect.

What's with the dig about lack of matches? I was attending games when you was sucking ya mams breast.

I think although Coutts isn't an out and out winger, he's been playing well recently. I don't think I'd want to replace him with Ward. I'd be tempted to have Ward playing just off Sammon or Theo.

What's with the dig about lack of matches? I was attending games when you was sucking ya mams breast.

but not now are you. you support your club through thick and thin and got to as many matches as possible. who are you supporting now, heaton?

the fact that hes a winger has nothing to do with what i said. he is scoring when up front and rarely scored when he was on the wing.

I think although Coutts isn't an out and out winger, he's been playing well recently. I don't think I'd want to replace him with Ward. I'd be tempted to have Ward playing just off Sammon or Theo.

Might be an idea to put Ward on the left and move Jacobs to the right, Coutts can be moved to the centre for either Bryson or Hendrick?

Might be an idea to put Ward on the left and move Jacobs to the right, Coutts can be moved to the centre for either Bryson or Hendrick?

Makes sense to have some cover for Hendrick. Can't think of anyone who'd play in that holding role maybe until Bailey comes back.

No, I said i'd loss interest in the club since Jewell took over and that interest declined further when a non league manager was brought in. That has nothing whatsoever to do with you mate, so stop giving it the "I'm the number one supporter" *****. Where was you during the phill brown era? The ***** under Todd? You was probably busy playing tiddlywinks in your man united panties

No, I said i'd loss interest in the club since Jewell took over and that interest declined further when a non league manager was brought in. That has nothing whatsoever to do with you mate, so stop giving it "the I'm the number one supporter" *****. Where was you during the phill brown era? The ***** under Todd? You was probably busy playing tiddlywinks in your man united panties

i feckin hate united

i never said i was the number 1 supporter, dont go to enough away games for that.

thats the thing though "you lost interest" then why are you on here if you have no interest in derby. you dont strike me as a proper fan who will always follow the club not leave because they dont like a certain manger. and dont give me the "youre young therefore you dont know anything" ***** during the brown and todd era i was at home listening to the radio watching soccer saturday. my entire life is derby county. i will never walk away or "lose interest"

Your a right touchy sod aren't you? My god.

Never mentioned you're age, but you've just gave it away you are around the age of fourteen years old and started following the club when we got promoted. I loss interest in spending 800 quid a year on a club not worthy of the money; how's that make me any less of a supporter than yourself... highness?

Now back on subject, we need (my opinion) a forward ! An experienced midfielder and a defender on loan. Will it happen? I doubt it.

Your a right touchy sod aren't you? My god.

Never mentioned you're age, but you've just gave it away you are around the age of fourteen years old and started following the club when we got promoted. I loss interest in spending 800 quid a year on a club not worthy of the money; how's that make me any less of a supporter than yourself... highness?

Now back on subject, we need (my opinion) a forward ! An experienced midfielder and a defender on loan. Will it happen? I doubt it.

close, 16. and ive been following all my life.my first season was the promotion season. and im touchy because i love my club and i dont like being insulted.

Obviously a lot depends on who from or 1st team squad goes,if any, if not then i have to repeat the basis of what ive said a few times , which is that we have dominated several games this season, against top sides, where we have not come away with 3 points, like last night, so one has to ask why ? ?

for me its because we dont have a proper threat up front, yes we score goals when the ball falls for us, but do we have striker that makes something out of nothing or even a half chance on a regular basis ? (look at Nugent who made the difference between us and fester ).........

Theo is deadly from a yard as we know, but for my money we need a PROPER striker to make the most of all the great work the other lads do,and feed off Sammons hard work, and a CB (at least until the walking wounded are fit).

Archived