Taking into consideration players who could leave in Jan and players we might get in, where are Derby most lacking? GK, DF, MID OR ATT?

RampantRam

I know with Sammon lacking any consistency, fans are calling for an out and out striker or a target man, but I think its worth looking at bolstering our defense. With Shackell gone and Barker out, Keogh has made a fine replacement and has been a rock, but I've noticed particularly from set plays he's lost his man perfect example being the Leicester game.

With Buxton now out for a rumoured 3 months should we look to strengthen our defense?

Brayford has always been top class in my eyes, but rumors are that Allardyce has got his eye on him for a possible Jan move.

Roberts had a cracking game last night against Hull but against quicker opponents, I feel he struggles.

And every time O'connor gets the ball under pressure, I **** my pants in fear.

Didn't know whether to post this in Transfer talk or Rams talk...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a striker, desperately.

Three defenders and a keeper on the bench at home shows how little options we have.

Think we could also do with an experienced foreigner in the side (van der laan mold) to add something different.

Don't know why we can't get afew youngsters from Italy, Spain or the Scandinavian market for the season...

Three defenders and a keeper on the bench at home shows how little options we have.

Think we could also do with an experienced foreigner in the side (van der laan mold) to add something different.

Don't know why we can't get afew youngsters from Italy, Spain or the Scandinavian market for the season...

The next Lupoli maybe? God I miss Lupoli...

This is comedy gold!

Why do you say we desperately need a striker? We have no issues scoring goals whatsoever. Its whats going on at the other end thats letting us down.

We've no shortage of centre backs at the club with OB Gjokaj Keogh Barker and Buxton so I can only see us getting one on loan to cover Bucko's injury.

I really dont think theres any position we're desperate for a player in. With Freeman coming through theres no point buying a left back to cover Roberts. I would of said in the past that we could do with an experienced head in centre mid to help close games out but I cant see that happening.

Why do you say we desperately need a striker? We have no issues scoring goals whatsoever. Its whats going on at the other end thats letting us down.

We've no shortage of centre backs at the club with OB Gjokaj Keogh Barker and Buxton so I can only see us getting one on loan to cover Bucko's injury.

I really dont think theres any position we're desperate for a player in. With Freeman coming through theres no point buying a left back to cover Roberts. I would of said in the past that we could do with an experienced head in centre mid to help close games out but I cant see that happening.

Barker is gonna be half the player he was by the time he's fully fit again. I think a partner for Keogh should be what we're looking for.

As far as an experienced head in CM, I think although he's still young and inexperienced, Hendrick in that holding role sat in front of the defense looks better and better as the weeks go by. Thought he was quality last night, just sat back, was comfortable in possession and looked up and found the passes.

Tyson, Theo, Sammon, Doyle, Bennett,

That's a very poor set of forwards to be honest, how many of the above know where the back of the net is? and you're confident they'll get 15/20 a season? ******** will they on current form. You need twenty a season man to get up in the play offs,

look at the some of the sides above us for example:

Cardiff - helguson

Watford- Deeney/Vydra

Milwall - Woods

Palace - Murray

Sammon isn't a goal scorer

Theo is, but lacks the attributes to be a top striker in this league

Tyson has done nothing of anything note since his Wycombe days

Bennett needs a loan move

Doyle shouldn't be anywhere near this league

Tyson, Theo, Sammon, Doyle, Bennett,

That's a very poor set of forwards to be honest, how many of the above know where the back of the net is? and you're confident they'll get 15/20 a season? ******** will they on current form. You need twenty a season man to get up in the play offs,

look at the some of the sides above us for example:

Cardiff - helguson

Watford- Deeney/Vydra

Milwall - Woods

Palace - Murray

Sammon isn't a goal scorer

Theo is, but lacks the attributes to be a top striker in this league

Tyson has done nothing of anything note since his Wycombe days

Bennett needs a loan move

Doyle shouldn't be anywhere near this league

Theo is on his way to getting 15-20 even with the amount of games hes not started.

Your also missing Jamie Ward, probably our best striker.

Like I said we've scored plenty of goals so i dont really see how we need another striker personally

You don't need a 20 goals a season striker to get into the play-offs, I bet there wasn't more than 2 or 3 that scored that many championship goals last season but there were 6 teams promoted or in the play offs. You probably do need 2 or 3 players that can score 15 or so a season. Like someone said I don't think getting goals has been an issue, frailties at the back are what's stopped us from winning more games

Archived