Very little mention of our goals this season recently BUT...

cheron85

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough's being realistic on the playing budget he has to work with.

It is the owners and board who lack ambition.

I don't think for a minute they lack ambition - they just lack the wherewithal to achieve it, or they are unwilling to gamble.

I think they have the money between them. I just don't think they want to speculate to accumulate. They will only turn a profit with promotion but they won't get promotion with the current playing budget unless Clough and his team can pull off a miracle. Wrong strategy, owners and board out.

I think they have the money between them. I just don't think they want to speculate to accumulate. They will only turn a profit with promotion but they won't get promotion with the current playing budget unless Clough and his team can pull off a miracle. Wrong strategy, owners and board out.

I was thinking about the budget yesterday when watching florssts v dirty Leeds on telly, forest had at least 5 players on £20k a week +, we are doing well to compete with that. The amount you spend on transfer fees is pretty irrelevant if you can't get close to competing on the wages front.

The bloke's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he came out and said "yeah we're a good bet for the play offs" and it never worked out, he'd get slaughtered so he's just hedging his bets.

Let his team do the talking, action speaks louder than words.

COYR.

You're spot on here but I'd be surprised if you thought Clough has been in anyway "aspirational" to the fans. A classic example of Clough was his pre-match interview at Leicester when he told us we were effectively there for the draw. This isn't the first time away from home. Why say that, what message does that send to the travelling fans and the rest of us watching on sky? I expect managers to not give much away, be it overtly positive or negative, say the usual "we believe we can beat anyone on our day" or "we're here to get the best possible result we can".

You're spot on here but I'd be surprised if you thought Clough has been in anyway "aspirational" to the fans. A classic example of Clough was his pre-match interview at Leicester when he told us we were effectively there for the draw. This isn't the first time away from home. Why say that, what message does that send to the travelling fans and the rest of us watching on sky? I expect managers to not give much away, be it overtly positive or negative, say the usual "we believe we can beat anyone on our day" or "we're here to get the best possible result we can".

you mean along. the lines of we havent seen anything to fear in the 22 gamed weve played so far thst he wrote in the programme notes for the Hull game?

you mean along. the lines of we havent seen anything to fear in the 22 gamed weve played so far thst he wrote in the programme notes for the Hull game?

Not read a programme since I was about 10 but yes, more of that and less of the above.

Archived