Derby under 18s VS Gatesheaad Tonight at pride park

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the game we were class in comparison. Josh Lelan, Max Lowe and Kwame Thomas were the stand outs in my opinion but everyone was awesome. Plenty of pace and quick passing in a well drilled side.

Don't have a clue what that Barnsley manager was on about when he said we play route 1, great pass and move football. Looking good for the future.......

I went to the game we were class in comparison. Josh Lelan, Max Lowe and Kwame Thomas were the stand outs in my opinion but everyone was awesome. Plenty of pace and quick passing in a well drilled side.

Don't have a clue what that Barnsley manager was on about when he said we play route 1, great pass and move football. Looking good for the future.......

For the first time in my life we've a proper base to the pyramid (maybe a tad harsh on Storer/Ward).

In my opinion (and I'm well aware that others disagree on one element) it's essential that we keep the whole coaching/management structure of the pyramid intact and allow it to come to fruition.Heavens above,we can all now see tangible evidence of its potential.Why does a club such as West Ham always bounce back when we have such difficulty-a club not dissimilar in size to us?

In my opinion (and I'm well aware that others disagree on one element) it's essential that we keep the whole coaching/management structure of the pyramid intact and allow it to come to fruition.Heavens above,we can all now see tangible evidence of its potential.Why does a club such as West Ham always bounce back when we have such difficulty-a club not dissimilar in size to us?

We have had such a ***** bunch of owners over the years. From local businessmen to international investors to cold war spies, media moguls, fraudsters and chancers and downright criminals.

Perhaps we needed a bit of stability to allow the foundations to be put in place. Before Nige we had 8 managers in less than 10 years?

Wise words Ramb' old fella..........If I was Nige I would say to the board "give me the wages to pay Will Hughes (if a silly offer comes in)that turns his head) and I'll build a team round him to put you in the Prem AND keep you there!"

We have had such a ***** bunch of owners over the years. From local businessmen to international investors to cold war spies, media moguls, fraudsters and chancers and downright criminals.

Perhaps we needed a bit of stability to allow the foundations to be put in place. Before Nige we had 8 managers in less than 10 years?

Wise words Ramb' old fella..........If I was Nige I would say to the board "give me the wages to pay Will Hughes (if a silly offer comes in)that turns his head) and I'll build a team round him to put you in the Prem AND keep you there!"

Didn't particularly like it when Nige intimated that we probably weren't paying Will what he was worth.I think this needs to be addressed,particularly now he's rubbing shoulders at U21 level.

PS Hope you realised that my poker faced comment about your "wine bill" was a dig at the DET over Sammon!

Didn't particularly like it when Nige intimated that we probably weren't paying Will what he was worth.I think this needs to be addressed,particularly now he's rubbing shoulders at U21 level.

PS Hope you realised that my poker faced comment about your "wine bill" was a dig at the DET over Sammon!

I thought you'd hacked into my clubcard account at Tesco 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

Answer - short-termism.

The whole club should be as one - every single person from the youngest kid up right up to the chairman, manager etc have to buy in to the philosophy that it's DCFC first. It's one of the reasons why I have never wavered (ok, I did a bit a few times) in the support that I have given to Nigel Clough from the day he started. He is absolutely ideal to the long-term plan, having seen its rewards (almost) at Burton.

I'm sure we would all like a slightly less prudent approach from the board too, to loosen the purse-strings a little, but we have to remember that their first exposure to Derby County was the transfer 'dealings' of Paul Jewell and dealing with the aftermath of Billy's wastefulness. Is it any wonder they are somewhat 'short-armed and long-pocketed'? Besides, if they were a little more impulsive, they might have pulled the plug on Nigel two or more years ago, and I really feel that would have been a terrible mistake.

Back on topic, credit where it's due they played superb. Especially Max Lowe who I thought had an outstanding game

There's something in the air up here for left wingers. Lee Holmes lived 40 metres away, Max Lowe lives 300 metres away and Dennis Skinner lives 500 metres away.

West Ham are much bigger than us and the population of London is far bigger than that of the East Midlands..

It's seemingly obvious why they have produced better players than we have.. The same can go for Palace too.

West Ham are much bigger than us and the population of London is far bigger than that of the East Midlands..

It's seemingly obvious why they have produced better players than we have.. The same can go for Palace too.

Palace are one of only 3 teams in South London and have arguably the biggest youth catchment area in England.

I meant more in terms of attendances against similar levels of performance (eg in the Prem our crowds would be similar to theirs).The population of London may well be far greater than the EM,but there again there are rather more clubs.Our past problems lay in the fact that we seemed incapable of capturing talent within our own manor; thankfully that now seems to have been addressed.

I'd be interested to know how many players the likes of Millwall and Watford have brought through their academies (thus obviating the need for substantial investment).As our own academy now appears to be a main plank of our strategy,maybe in a couple of years time other clubs' fans might be pointing to us and saying that we've not spent much (yet are performing).You can only properly compare like with like.

Archived