Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leicester fan, not in peace, but to slap some life into you sorry lot.

Are you sure it is Leicester you don't care about?

'It costs too much, I don't care if we win or not, I think we will lose 5-0, I only care if we lose to Leeds or Forest.'

It sounds pretty much like it's Derby County you don't care about. For me, I'm pished off is we lose to anybody. I suppose if you have this negative, couldn't care less mindset then you will find people singing songs, building games up, waving scarves and wanting their team to win strange.

Are we local rivals? Well yes, of course we are. There is only around 30 miles between the respective grounds and we are rival teams in the same division. Both statements of fact. Am I more exciting by this game than the one the week after against Barnsley? Truth be told...not much. Derby haven't put up much of a fight recently and I'm expecting a bog standard win.

Some people will feel differently though. Some people will live near Derby, some people will work with Derby fans. It probably means more to them in the same way as my personal local rivals are Wolves and West Brom due to where I live.

I used to feel differently. The games in the 90s were electric. Both Leicester and Derby were going for promotion at the same time and circumstances and locality produced the best 'derby' games I have experienced. Anyone who says this is not true were not at these games to experience it. Not any more though.

I think because Leicester so comprehensively bettered Derby in the 90s and early 00s you lot have given up trying to fight and instead have retreated into a poor facsimile of Forest delusion and arrogance. It's not very convincing...I think you should stop.

Let's hope the 800 committed fans on Saturday show a bit more commitment to their club than you lot.

Good luck for the season. (after Saturday)

You say this match means nothing to you.So im assuming you make accounts to all the championship teams fan forums to tell them aswell that they mean nothing.On all types of Social media its embarassing how needy your fans are to be our rivals(Even gary L got involed).Ovbiously i would like to beat you on saturday just like i would like to beat every team we face but when playing forest we are not just getting 3 points we are getting months of bragging and a hold over them.Most derby fans come from and live in derby inwhich there is hardly any leciester fans.As if they dont support derby they are probally glory supporters man u etc.I work near nottingham and in my office its mixed forest and derby.The brian clough road shows the connection between the cities.I want to beat you for 3 points not so i can wait for the possibiltiy of meeting one leciester fan to tell him "Ha we won".

In terms of your clubs.Forest and Derby are bigger clubs than Leciester in terms of history,natural fan base(Not your Asian one)

Trophies.If i was a leciester fan i would be quite embarassed last season when you spent 15 million + and didnt even get in the Play offs.You also lost to leeds 1-0 last week how do you explain that.We would have beat them so what makes you think leciester will win this weekend.Your only good player is Nugent the rest are Man u reserves.Were have a team you just have overpayed individuals for this league no starting 11 just different players

Cheers for the faith, I'm not sure about top 2 but I think we'll be close.

I don't actually hate Derby either. I used to really look forward to the games and I don't anymore, which is a shame. And it's just another game on Saturday for me.

I wouldn't be too upset to see Derby doing a bit better.

Unfortunately, we're about at our peak.

1 team with a lower budget above us currently. 9 teams below us with a bigger budget,

With the money we spend, The club couldn't argue if we was in the bottom 6, you give someone a bottom 6 budget that has to be your expectation.

Apart from Millwall, Charlton, Barnsley and Peterborough I would think others have a much bigger budget than us, and some (like yourselves) a much superior budget, probably double or triple ours. Having established players on the bench is a big deal, we have a couple that are fresh out of school... I can't really complain how things are going, the standards are set by the club - kicking and screaming won't change that, we're playing above ourselves - we play decent football, and we're competitive.

Unfortunately football is a money sport, you could take any club into the premier league/europe/champions league if you invest enough money - regardless of size/following...etc It's a dead sport, we're trying to do it the correct way but it's because we don't have much choice.

Just testing you lot.

i dont see any styandout players from your teamv

Brayford is a very good right back.

Roberts is a solid left back.

Buxton is a beast in the air, not so much on the deck.

O'Connor seems mistake prone but a good footballing player.

Keogh is a solid centre back.

Hughes is a very talented 17 year old.

Hendrick has been average this season, talented footballer though.

Coutts creates chances.

Jacobs is a very quick, direct winger with several assits to his name.

Ward is very good also.

Bryson is a very good championship centre midfielder.

Tyson is strong, very very quick and this season knows where the net is.

Sammon is a strong, combative centre forward - remembering how Morgan used to struggle like high hell with Hulse, that'll be an interesting match up.

Robinson... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> ... scores goals.

There is a list for you with all their attributes, make of it what you will... as I previously said I think a lot of our players would struggle to get in your team, you have the better team... well done.

Archived