Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leicester fan, not in peace, but to slap some life into you sorry lot.

Are you sure it is Leicester you don't care about?

'It costs too much, I don't care if we win or not, I think we will lose 5-0, I only care if we lose to Leeds or Forest.'

It sounds pretty much like it's Derby County you don't care about. For me, I'm pished off is we lose to anybody. I suppose if you have this negative, couldn't care less mindset then you will find people singing songs, building games up, waving scarves and wanting their team to win strange.

Are we local rivals? Well yes, of course we are. There is only around 30 miles between the respective grounds and we are rival teams in the same division. Both statements of fact. Am I more exciting by this game than the one the week after against Barnsley? Truth be told...not much. Derby haven't put up much of a fight recently and I'm expecting a bog standard win.

Some people will feel differently though. Some people will live near Derby, some people will work with Derby fans. It probably means more to them in the same way as my personal local rivals are Wolves and West Brom due to where I live.

I used to feel differently. The games in the 90s were electric. Both Leicester and Derby were going for promotion at the same time and circumstances and locality produced the best 'derby' games I have experienced. Anyone who says this is not true were not at these games to experience it. Not any more though.

I think because Leicester so comprehensively bettered Derby in the 90s and early 00s you lot have given up trying to fight and instead have retreated into a poor facsimile of Forest delusion and arrogance. It's not very convincing...I think you should stop.

Let's hope the 800 committed fans on Saturday show a bit more commitment to their club than you lot.

Good luck for the season. (after Saturday)

I personally have never really communicated with a leicester fan, I don't know a leicester fan and have never engaged in any sort of rivarly with a leicester fan. This is why I don't really care about this game (more than any other) and it is a game I expect to lose - i'll be there but I am not an apologist for Derby County FC - you've been 'lucky' in the sense you have owners who will bankroll you, to bring some exciting players to leicester, your squad and starting 11 is much better than ours - apart from 2/3 players maybe, we haven't got a player that would make your 11.

Leicester have a very good side, very strong home form - we're poor away from home, this game means a lot more to your fans/team than it does to us.

We're on a different mindset, which is established by which owners we have in place - sad but true. I actually don't mind leicester, I think you have a fantastic team at the minute and a good manager. I think you'll go up into the top 2.

I personally have never really communicated with a leicester fan, I don't know a leicester fan and have never engaged in any sort of rivarly with a leicester fan. This is why I don't really care about this game (more than any other) and it is a game I expect to lose - i'll be there but I am not an apologist for Derby County FC - you've been 'lucky' in the sense you have owners who will bankroll you, to bring some exciting players to leicester, your squad and starting 11 is much better than ours - apart from 2/3 players maybe, we haven't got a player that would make your 11.

Leicester have a very good side, very strong home form - we're poor away from home, this game means a lot more to your fans/team than it does to us.

We're on a different mindset, which is established by which owners we have in place - sad but true. I actually don't mind leicester, I think you have a fantastic team at the minute and a good manager. I think you'll go up into the top 2.

Cheers for the faith, I'm not sure about top 2 but I think we'll be close.

I don't actually hate Derby either. I used to really look forward to the games and I don't anymore, which is a shame. And it's just another game on Saturday for me.

I wouldn't be too upset to see Derby doing a bit better.

i thought you were one post only?

Good point.

Cheers for the faith, I'm not sure about top 2 but I think we'll be close.

I don't actually hate Derby either. I used to really look forward to the games and I don't anymore, which is a shame. And it's just another game on Saturday for me.

I wouldn't be too upset to see Derby doing a bit better.

Good point.

you might want to change your user name

(don'y know if you can though... oh well your name can be ironic)

Archived