How many points do we need for promotion?

North_Stand_Ram

I'd like to think we can hit the 90-95 mark. So, 25 to 30 points from a possible 39.

Fulham, Brighton, Birmingham(home), Wigan, Blackpool(home), Huddersfield, Millwall(Urgh) and Reading left to play means that shouldn't be impossible, too. However, as proven by Rotherham, it's not a certainty either. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After our next 3 we also have a massive 6 games( 7pts minimum required) that will decide our season.

14th march Norwich away

17th Mboro Home

20th Wolves away

27th Watford Home

30th Wigan away

4th april  Brentford Home

If we get 12 points from these 6 that will be great

That will hopefully take us to 84 point

two wins and draws from last 4

92 points which would mean promotion that means

Ipswich would require 11 wins from 13

Norwich Watford Bournemouth  11 wins and a draw.

Brentford 12 wins

All unlikely but still 2 months to go yet and many twists and turns.

The Fulham, Brighton & Birmingham matches could bring us 9 points and we'll be on 74 points and maybe depending on the rest of the top 6 more points clear. These 3 matches are so important for us, winning them will give us so much more momentum going into the tough stretch against Norwich, Boro, Wolves, Watford, Wigan, and Brentford... Average 2 points against them and the leagues ours with a 'easier' finish against Blackpool, Huddersfield, Millwall, and Reading.

FulhamvDerby

Sat 28 Feb15:00 

March 2015

Show last 5 matches and coverageCompetitionFixtureDateKick-offStatus
ShowChampionship

BrightonvDerby

Tue 3 Mar19:45 
ShowChampionship

DerbyvBirmingham

Sat 7 Mar15:00 
ShowChampionship

NorwichvDerby

Sat 14 Mar15:00 
ShowChampionship

DerbyvMiddlesbrough

Tue 17 Mar19:45 
ShowChampionship

WolvesvDerby

Fri 20 Mar19:45 

April 2015

Show last 5 matches and coverageCompetitionFixtureDateKick-offStatus
ShowChampionship

DerbyvWatford

Fri 3 Apr19:45 
ShowChampionship

WiganvDerby

Mon 6 Apr15:00 
ShowChampionship

DerbyvBrentford

Sat 11 Apr12:15 
ShowChampionship

DerbyvBlackpool

Tue 14 Apr19:45 
ShowChampionship

HuddersfieldvDerby

Sat 18 Apr15:00 
ShowChampionship

MillwallvDerby

I have had a look at our fixtures and tried to be realistic as to what games we can win and where our points will come from. There will be games we might lose that we expect to win and there will be games we might win we thought we may struggle in. So here goes....

Fulham- 3 points, Brighton-1 point, Birmingham- 3 points, Norwich- 0 points, Boro- 1 point, Wolves- 1 point, Watford- 1 point, Wigan- 3 points, Brentford- 3 points, Blackpool- 3 points, Huddersfield- 3 points, Millwall- 3 points, Reading- 3 points. 

That gives us 28 points from our last 13 games. Which would give us 93 points.

We would win the league by quite a distance if this happened.

I not stupid enough to think that this will happen. But I don't think I have been unrealistic with the amount of points we are capable of.

For what its worth I think we will get more than a 3 point return from Norwich, Boro, Wolves & Watford. But then again we might drop points in games I have us down to win. So it will balance out. So 8 wins from our last 13 games.

I said from the day Thorne got injured that if we can be in and around the top 2 when he comes back then we will walk it.

I stand by that. Hes that integral and that good he improves us no end.

I have also said from day one that we will win the last 6 games. 

I think the players are driven from the hurt of last season and no one else in the top 6 will have felt that pain and have that driving us on.

Its our year, its our time.

LETS DO THIS.

ALL DERBY AREN'T WE!?

YOU RAMSSSSSSS!!!

Archived