The Popside

uttoxram75

It would be around there.Trying to remember which car /girlfriend I had at the time to place it .But it was a Saturday game absolutely ,sorry I can't be  more specific about the year. 

How old is the 12 year old who was with you now?

When Chelsea got banned it was 1983 after cup game 4th round.So if it was the season after that made it Sat Jan 14th 1984 we lost 1.2 Calvin Plummer .But I thought it was earlier my memory is not what it used to be though.(I referred to Derby County complete record)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a lot of trouble in early 1983 - i remember going down to the Bridge (was on an all night bender at Uni, which is incidental but explains how i can place the time) we won 3-1 - remember an Archie Gemmill penalty and a Clive Walker goal. we then drew them in FA Cup at ours a week or so later and they came up for retribution.

Think it was a night match Chelsea fans stood right at the back of the popside and when the Chelsea team ran out of the tunnel they charged forward they got beat back and split into ones and twos and got picked off throughout the first half.I was stood in a walkway when a Chelsea fan pushed his way through trying to get out he got hammered before any police could get him out.Was it 1978/79?

Remember that. It was the first home match after we were relegated to Division two. We played Cambridge away on the Saturday and then Chelsea on the Wednesday night. August 1980. Won the match 3-2 with Alan Biley scoring one.

Archived