Derby's young stars

perzy7

Derby have great potential for the future. if our young players can fullfill their talent then we could be in the premier league within the next 5-10 years.

i think we have a great young group in: mason bennet, will hughes, callum ball, tom naylor, michael hoganson, valentin gjokaj

we also have some young players with potential that are pretty much first teamers in: theo robinson, john brayford, frank fielding, jeff hendrick, michael jacobs, paul coutts

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, i'm worried that if hughes and bennet break through, they'll be sold to a big club and never play again. also, john brayford's always got clubs after him.

Doesn't it tell you something that if Brayford has clubs after him and he hasn't been sold yet that maybe we want to keep him?

I wouldn't worry about the youngsters breaking through and being sold. The Academy is there to do that. Provide young players to come into the first team and either stay or be sold, depending on loads of factors like the number if players we have jn their position and which players we could buy from their sale.

that wasnt really a factor. an ego is something you just have to deal wtih but he was a magnificent player

You would of been 6 or 7 when Giles Barnes was in his prime and he wasn't magnificent, was alright but let's not get carried away.

Archived