Protein

Day

Trying to get lots and lots of protein into my diet but only 3 days in I'm already sick of the taste of Eggs, Tuna, Chicken. Before anyone suggests man juices have too much salt otherwise I would.

Basically I've lost a lot of weight, 4 stone since February and it's taking me back to my skinny days although I'm attempting to build a bit of muscle to make me look hard like John McClane.

I've read that you need to x2 your weight in kg and that's what you need in protein a day to allow for muscle recovery, now I'm 97kg 194g of protein is a lot to take in and I'm struggling to just reach 100g

Everytime I Google it I get the same old Eggs for breakfast, Tuna lunch and Chicken dinner, please tell me there are more high protein foods out there?...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have been looking at the Whey Protein, 24.g per shake Maximuscle stuff, £24 for a tub of around a kilo think it was. Never been a massive fan of milk shakes, always find them a bit sickly, need to find some smaller tubs to sample first I think.

I don't really snack anymore, been on a 1800 calorie diet to lose the weight and the other night went on one of those BMI machines, came out 23% body fat and a allowance of 3000 calories a day to maintain weight, problem is at the moment I'm struggling to reach 1800 for some reason.

Have been looking at the Whey Protein, 24.g per shake Maximuscle stuff, £24 for a tub of around a kilo think it was. Never been a massive fan of milk shakes, always find them a bit sickly, need to find some smaller tubs to sample first I think.

I don't really snack anymore, been on a 1800 calorie diet to lose the weight and the other night went on one of those BMI machines, came out 23% body fat and a allowance of 3000 calories a day to maintain weight, problem is at the moment I'm struggling to reach 1800 for some reason.

The maxi muscle stuff is really expensive, but is supposed to be the best. I just get the cheaper stuff. Best thing to do is go to a gym find the henchest man and ask 'what's your favourite milkshake my muscly friend?'.

Not going in any gyms, no was Pedro, find it all a bit gay and smelly.

Been and bought dumbell set, bench, ez curl bar and I've got a multi gym sat in the missus mums garage waiting for us to finish decorating the spare room.

Just seen Maximuscle do pre made shakes, will try a few of those and see what they taste like

Mate,if you saw the birds that go to "proper" gyms (JJB,David Lloyd etc.),not muscle freak gyms,it makes the workout a whole lot easier 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I always get my protein off a site called Discount Supplements,far cheaper,has same things in as maximuscle.

You dont need a big name protein,just compare whats in them.

I always have strawberry,as very easy to take 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived