Why are The Board only aiming for Catagory 2 ?

Stimacked

Oooh, so our 3 part plan is currently 0% incomplete.

Premiership...nope.

Worldwide brand...nope. Infact worse of than in 2006.

Academy...nope.

Really, we've been told the reason we're not investing in our playing staff is because we're focussing on the academy. If we're not going to pay the extra £1m a season for a grade 1 academy, surely that money is going into the transfer kitty? Either that or they're lying to us! No. Unheard of!

You've simplified things a little. From what I gather, this £1m just goes to getting a nice badge for your Academy as a reward for spending money - it doesn't reflect how good the Academy is.

You've seen the players coming through the Academy, surely you've noticed the difference? I don't care what category we are so long as we're producing good players, especially local ones. Which we are.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've simplified things a little. From what I gather, this £1m just goes to getting a nice badge for your Academy as a reward for spending money - it doesn't reflect how good the Academy is.

You've seen the players coming through the Academy, surely you've noticed the difference? I don't care what category we are so long as we're producing good players, especially local ones. Which we are.

Yeah I'm not convinced that the clubs spending the extra £1m are doing so for the sake of a badge...

It's fairly obvious, is it not? Everything the board have put in place has been about getting value for money. If they feel the added expense of a tier 1 over a tier 2 is not going to justify itself in terms of getting better players through, then it's not worth doing. We'd effectivly be wasting £1m a year on a 'prestige' thing, which could be much better spent elsewhere.

Yeah, it's fair enough but I just feel the way they harp on about the academy work...etc then they would of pushed for the bigger better academy, as the categories are meaningless all in all, but what they represent is investment. If we aren't going to invest in the first team, then surely they will invest in the academy.

I don't have a bone to pick with the Americans but to me, we seemed to be in favour of his because of our facilities and I thought that would be because we could invest more into the academy, and bring in more players from further afield to boost the quality coming through, seems like we've done this basically because the premiership said they wouldn't give us a couple hundred thousand if we didn't.. but I shall not be skeptic

I think at the end of the day it comes down to how you interpret the rules exactly the same reason F1 cars are different where money is no object.

Some clubs will be thinking like us we dont need to spend that to get the same results where others will be thinking that this is needed to retain players,

I am still of a firm believe that there will be a way around most of these rules and we are still going to see endless tribunals on players valuations, there is too much money at stake for all to be interpretated like a straight line,

I'm sure when Clough arrived he said the state of the academy was terrible. There were young lads living on the same road as Moor Farm who were playing for the Forest youth teams.

On that Forest page, there might be a fair few from Derby (Jamaal Lascelles caught my eye, he looked decent for Stevenage for a youngster) but they could have been overlooked by our scouts. We always hear abou Forest turning youngsters down for being too small etc. and we have ended up with players from Nottingham in our youth teams.

Tom Huddlestone allegedly got released by them because for a lad of his height he wasn't strong enough in a tackle (I'm sure thats what I remember reading)

Giles Barnes also got released by Forest before joining us.

Hopefully the signs are good with Hughes, Ball, Hendrick and Bennett coming through that our academy is getting stronger.

I'm sure when Clough arrived he said the state of the academy was terrible. There were young lads living on the same road as Moor Farm who were playing for the Forest youth teams.

On that Forest page, there might be a fair few from Derby (Jamaal Lascelles caught my eye, he looked decent for Stevenage for a youngster) but they could have been overlooked by our scouts. We always hear abou Forest turning youngsters down for being too small etc. and we have ended up with players from Nottingham in our youth teams.

Tom Huddlestone allegedly got released by them because for a lad of his height he wasn't strong enough in a tackle (I'm sure thats what I remember reading)

Giles Barnes also got released by Forest before joining us.

Hopefully the signs are good with Hughes, Ball, Hendrick and Bennett coming through that our academy is getting stronger.

Hughes was also at the Forest academy but left over a dispute apparently, so we are getting it looks like we are becoming a stronger academy by a lot.

Archived