Steven Davies contract extension????

PBW Ram

I get the feeling there may be one or two posters with inside knowledge.

Has anyone heard whether talks are opening on the option of Davies extra year?

Reading the NC interview about two or three are out of contract and we want to try to keep them together. got me thinking and got me worried.

Green - is one of the "two or three" we'd like to keep. We know this cos we're not sure we've offered enough? We definitely want to keep him around though.

Buxton - surely jake would stay for an extension and an extra free pair of shin pads. He wouldnt push for those even but his last pair have got no stricky strap left. I can't see Jake leavijng until he's pushed out. Surely secure??

Roberts - again at his age you would hope we can meet his demands for another year (unless he's pushing for two). He seems to be enjoying hjis football and is one of the steadiest full backs in the league. HIs signing is secure surely?

brings me on to Savies - I hope it's not a case of Steven being on massive wages that we hadn't planned to keep around. He's shown absolute bags of talent and a massive character to have come through what he has come through and his goals to games ratio is excitingly good.

The most important announcement of the summer for me will that we've taken up the option on Steven Davies. The lad has got some class.

The second bit of great summer news would be extending Jamie Wards deal early as well - if we've made him promises, lets get them kept.

I hope we've got budget for those we want to keep around. I dont need any fancy summer signings - just this lot to develop together. (and maybe the additition of the young scottish lad to come back with his tongue in his mouth and running properly ;-)

Is there any one else out of contract this year? Anyone got any inside info?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the feeling there may be one or two posters with inside knowledge.

Has anyone heard whether talks are opening on the option of Davies extra year?

Reading the NC interview about two or three are out of contract and we want to try to keep them together. got me thinking and got me worried.

Green - is one of the "two or three" we'd like to keep. We know this cos we're not sure we've offered enough? We definitely want to keep him around though.

Buxton - surely jake would stay for an extension and an extra free pair of shin pads. He wouldnt push for those even but his last pair have got no stricky strap left. I can't see Jake leavijng until he's pushed out. Surely secure??

Roberts - again at his age you would hope we can meet his demands for another year (unless he's pushing for two). He seems to be enjoying hjis football and is one of the steadiest full backs in the league. HIs signing is secure surely?

brings me on to Savies - I hope it's not a case of Steven being on massive wages that we hadn't planned to keep around. He's shown absolute bags of talent and a massive character to have come through what he has come through and his goals to games ratio is excitingly good.

The most important announcement of the summer for me will that we've taken up the option on Steven Davies. The lad has got some class.

The second bit of great summer news would be extending Jamie Wards deal early as well - if we've made him promises, lets get them kept.

I hope we've got budget for those we want to keep around. I dont need any fancy summer signings - just this lot to develop together. (and maybe the additition of the young scottish lad to come back with his tongue in his mouth and running properly ;-)

Is there any one else out of contract this year? Anyone got any inside info?

the way didn't mention him by name when talking about those out of contract, suggests that he isn't out of contract in the summer, or if he was, it's been sorted.

I bloody hope he gets a contract. He might not run around like a headless chicken chasing shadows.... but he knows his job. He knows what he's got and what he can do.

I know a lot of people who sit near me aren't massive fans because they consider him lazy. IMO if he has to run around chasing loose balls all day then it's someone else in the team not doing their job.

I rate the lad as top half Championship starting 11 striker. There's no such thing as 20 goal per season striker that everyone is talking about. Well, not for less than about £25m. It's a myth. How often does Lambert or Sharp or Graham or King or Maynard or Nugent score 20 goals in a season.

What they are is decent strikers who you'd expect 10-15 goals out of. If the team they play for does well, then that number will increase.

Steve Davies IMO can achieve 10-15 goals reguarly if fit and getting the ball to his FEET. Who knows, maybe even a good season both personally and for the club could see him labelled a "20 goal striker"

I'm not saying he's as good as Marlon King or Nugent. But within our budget, if we play to his strengths he can supply just about what we need to get promoted in my opinion. Just

Sign him up.

Archived