Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.derbycountyblog.com/guest-post-report-from-fan-forum-at-pride-park-2712/

Thats a report from somebody who went to the latest fans forum with Glick & co. It says that there has been interest in Hendrick and Brayford but we've said that they are the future of the club and are definitely not for sale.

There was some paper talk about interest in Ward which is why i mentioned him. But lets be honest if we really wanted to sell them I don't think we would struggle.

The same glick that said

But chief executive Glick stressed that Shackell remains a key player for the club and that he expects the former Barnsley man still to be at Derby come the start of the new season.

"We've turned down four bids from three different clubs on Jason at this point," said Glick.

"Simply put, Jason is an essential player for us. He played every minute of every game and it's no surprise we've had interest in him, from more than those three clubs, too.

"He's a top player in the Championship and a leader for us, so it would take a lot to pry him away from Derby.

"I expect him to be with us for the start of the season."

The same glick that said

But chief executive Glick stressed that Shackell remains a key player for the club and that he expects the former Barnsley man still to be at Derby come the start of the new season.

"We've turned down four bids from three different clubs on Jason at this point," said Glick.

"Simply put, Jason is an essential player for us. He played every minute of every game and it's no surprise we've had interest in him, from more than those three clubs, too.

"He's a top player in the Championship and a leader for us, so it would take a lot to pry him away from Derby.

la la la la Money talks for the yanks not the fans

Why do every other club bar us negotiate big fees when selling players? Why does it always happen to us? Grrrrrr

Also, after we have been shafted, do some Derby fans think that we will have to pay silly prices for replacements,that are not in the same class, and never will be.

The same glick that said

He says it would take a lot to pry him away from Derby. It's hardly this player is not for sale.

Although 1.1 million shouldn't be a type of bid to pry away our only fit consistent center back and captain.

Money grabbing yanks. Yes. So they sell for less than he's worth.. Great logic.

Did the American board owners accept this bid or Nigel and his back room staff? From the reports, the latter did. I'm not pro-GSE but give it a rest, Christ.

Would you be so annoyed if barks wasn't injured? Trouble is I think Nigel may be banking on this boy coming back to his best next season and I don't think it will happen and in my opinion when barker comes back sometime next year he will struggle with injurys lose pace and basically become as regularly injured as Anderson was or worse riggot

Because we cannot blame the messiah's son for anything that goes wrong. It would be like christians blaming jesus for the crappy world we live in.

Would you be so annoyed if barks wasn't injured? Trouble is I think Nigel may be banking on this boy coming back to his best next season and I don't think it will happen and in my opinion when barker comes back sometime next year he will struggle with injurys lose pace and basically become as regularly injured as Anderson was or worse riggot

Completely agree, if we're looking to the future cause when barker is back he probably won't be as good as he was and he may just be an average defender, so we need to keep shackell not just for this season but the season after and so on.

Clough Out!! I recko this is his decision purely just look at the way glick and clough have talked, glick saying we want to keep him etc, clough basically saying he is for sale all u gotta do is meet our ridiciulously low evaluation.

How many bids have we rejected from Burnley?? I wonder how much the first one was. I think we could have milked this more, Burnley are very keen on him and we could have probably twisted their arm for £2million.

Archived