Chelsea Sack AVB

Day

Although no manager deserves to be fired after such a short time and no manager should ever be fired because his players dont like him, it must have been just me who thought that maybe AVB had talked himself into a job he was a little out of his depth for.

I know he did well in portugal but they're ok with their footballers being a bit philosphical and nancy....He's got ginger hair, a slightly ginger beard and he talks about "shortening the mid zone" and other such ********. He wears a tight blue mack with a belt tied around his waste and he sits on his calfs all through the game pointing and rubbing his chin.

I think his next job will show what kind of manager he is, I'm pretty sure I'll get slaughtered for this but I think he's more of a scout , someone who can analyse stats and confuse the feck out of people by rambling and using buzz words....

I'm not surprised there was a negative reaction from some parts of the playing squad, they probably spent half their time trying to work out what he actually meant.

Of course I could be totally wrong and he could be the new Brian Clough - full of charisma.. I doubt it though.

I'm with Alex, it was a terrible appointment in the first place.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know he did well in portugal but they're ok with their footballers being a bit philosphical and nancy....He's got ginger hair, a slightly ginger beard and he talks about "shortening the mid zone" and other such ********. He wears a tight blue mack with a belt tied around his waste and he sits on his calfs all through the game pointing and rubbing his chin.

Paragraph of the week?

I thought I might say I liked his look - thought it was a strong'un for a manager. Better than a doughy fellow in a tracksuit.

I mean that in a non-gay way.

What? Don't look at me like that.

Archived