In at no. 76 pop pickers....

ladyram

is Englebert Humperdink. Yes, you heard it right campers, this years UK entry for the Eurofail song contest, which makes him the oldest ever entrant. I hope he doesn't sing a new and improved version of The Last bloody Waltz 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

When are the Brit organisers gonna wake up and realise nobody in Europe likes us? We could resurrect The brilliant Beatles ffs and still get nil poit, especially now.

Why bother?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they're gonna do an old timer - my vote would have to go to Lulu. I reckon she's still got what it takes. We're never gonna get close to winning it though.

Lessta ****!

Who? If you mean Lulu, she's Scottish and EH - erm, where's he from? I know he wasn't born in England was he?

That's why Ireland have put in some duff acts, after Jonny Logan won it twice. Remember him?

[size=1]I do. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />[/size][size=1] [/size]

[size=1][size=4]Every now & then, there's some not bad tunes, who was it I think 2 or 3 years ago? The young guy with the violin who won it? That was a catchy Eurovision tune, I knew it'd win. (Can't remember his name though but he sang in English).[/size][/size]

• 2 weeks later...

a pointless competition.It used to be watchable when Wogan presented it as his wit was quality.Now its Graham bloody Norton.As for entrants it doesnt matter who we put in,half of Europe hates us.The only chance would be to let Right Said Fred have a go at it.

Apparently, the UK don't want to win it because we don't have the money to host it, so we've put in a joke of a contestant. The whole of Europe are hoping Germany win it!

The Uk want to win, I am sure we can afford to host it if we can afford the Olympics!

We won't win however because everyone hates us, we are the Millwall of Europe

The Uk want to win, I am sure we can afford to host it if we can afford the Olympics!

We won't win however because everyone hates us, we are the Millwall of Europe

I'm sure they have put the old guy in because we don't want to be shedding out millions to host it, and we won the Olympic bid in 2005, the economy was in the 'boom' period, would of been an embarrassment to pull out!

Archived