Football Programme Valuations

1Cloughie

Shame the game got postponed on Sunday, we would have beaten them comfortably. I saw an advert in the Derby Telegraph recently regarding free valuations for football programmes, I was planning to take my Grandads old collection down. Are any of you boys planning to do the same thing?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to collect them, Infact I made quite a few quid on programmes by wheeling n dealing, usually by picking up on people's eBay mistakes and putting them on again correctly as soon as I've got them delivered to me!!

Never managed to get hold of a 46 cup final one though!!

I used to collect them, Infact I made quite a few quid on programmes by wheeling n dealing, usually by picking up on people's eBay mistakes and putting them on again correctly as soon as I've got them delivered to me!!

Never managed to get hold of a 46 cup final one though!!

[url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1946-FA-Cup-Final-Charlton-Ath-v-Derby-County-/330669439298?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET&hash=item4cfd6f3942#ht_600wt_905]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1946-FA-Cup-Final-Charlton-Ath-v-Derby-County-/330669439298?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET&hash=item4cfd6f3942#ht_600wt_905

If you got programmes, then i might buy them off you.

As long as you don't want silly money for them.

My last count was 15.000, but i have bought thousands since then, trying to sort them out, but as i keep buying, then i don't seem to get anywhere.

Just bought 22 press photographs of Derby players from the 92-93 season on ebay.

All 10x8.

Anyone know what a handwritten letter from Sir Stanley Matthews's wife would be worth.

It was done just before he died, and explains how very ill he was, also 2 signed photo's of him.

If you got programmes, then i might buy them off you.

As long as you don't want silly money for them.

My last count was 15.000, but i have bought thousands since then, trying to sort them out, but as i keep buying, then i don't seem to get anywhere.

Just bought 22 press photographs of Derby players from the 92-93 season on ebay.

All 10x8.

Anyone know what a handwritten letter from Sir Stanley Matthews's wife would be worth.

It was done just before he died, and explains how very ill he was, also 2 signed photo's of him.

I'd say you're talking £00's rather then £000's.

Complete guess at like £250?

Unless the from the 50s or earlier then there not worth squat!!
I've got all the old newspaper format "The Ram" from 1970 onwards but they have entimental value, I'm not bothered what they're worth, it's more about what they mean to a Derby fan having them from our golden era.

I've got all the old newspaper format "The Ram" from 1970 onwards but they have entimental value, I'm not bothered what they're worth, it's more about what they mean to a Derby fan having them from our golden era.

Ive got the full set of old 'The Ram' too, plus a Derby County Yearbook of 1971/2 signed by ALL the players,

including Clough and Taylor. My bro (SteveBrummie) got it for me before he was as addicted to the rams as I am

hehe..only thing is , I cant find'em anywhere..you aint gottem have you Donny ?

Ive got the full set of old 'The Ram' too, plus a Derby County Yearbook of 1971/2 signed by ALL the players,

including Clough and Taylor. My bro (SteveBrummie) got it for me before he was as addicted to the rams as I am

hehe..only thing is , I cant find'em anywhere..you aint gottem have you Donny ?

I've got all sorts of old testimonial programmes and rare cup replay programmes like the Derby v Forest match played at Filbert Steet for some reason. I need to have a dig through them again for the sake of a bit of nostalgia.

My kids didn't have any choice of course, even taking in to account where they were born and brought up, both were made Young Rams and STHs, so both have had the modern day albums and the birthday cards etc. I feel for all the criticism, players are more accesible in todays day and age than they were back in the 70's, unless you popped in to the Midland Hotel..!! (I was a bit to young then)

I was given a World Cup final programme by my late grandad, it's signed by Bobby Charlton and Jimmy Greaves but I'm not sure how he obtained them; obviously that will never be sold.

Archived