Web Developing Help.

Smyth_18

My workplace 'Kitchenfit Sandiacre' decided 2 years ago to offer a supply only service to customers throughout the whole of the UK. So far we have had enquiries and people coming to the showroom from it but no sales through the website.

I'd be grateful if anybody could quickly browse through the website and come up with a few pointers where we may be going wrong.

Also, if you were considering buying a new kitchen/ bedroom would you be willing to buy supply only at internet prices and fit it yourself/ find a self employed fitter?

www.supplyonlykitchensandbedroomsuk.co.uk

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I wouldn't buy kitchen furniture online. I'd want to see/feel the quality of the product, since it's likely to get a fair bit of hammer and not expect to be replaced every 3-4 years. There's a whole range of quality of product available, as I'm sure you'd appreciate.

Just a thought - do you provide the ability to send out small samples of specific items to prospective customers? Customer to buy the samples for a small charge, to be deducted from any eventual order? The customer gets something tactile and, if you're confident in your product, he/she can take it with them to compare with competitors. Plus they can see the product in their own environment, lighting, etc. Should be enough to say "25mm carcasses", but for cupboard door finished and worktops laminates it's good to be able to see and feel the thing.

the key really would be to drive traffic to the site using seo ect the company i work for are a massive online company one of the arms of the business is called leadspring which does all that stuff seo / google ads ect for £99 a month give them a try just say dan at the preston office asked you to give them a shout 01273 447441 might be able to sort you something out otherwise twitter ect are huge atm for brand awareness / driving traffic

Website looks fine, easy to navigate, easy on the eye etc. Only negative I would pull out is your domain name is a tad too long for people to remember.

Again personally I wouldn't order a kitchen online unless I had seen it in say B&Q and ordered it online at a later date.

You have pretty big competition by nationwide stores so you will have to pump money into advertising, where? Really don't know, possibly start with local papers and use Facebook to create a second website as such.

Google Adwords can get you above or to the side of Google searches for certain keywords but again without looking I bet the big boys will be dominating the most popular searches.

Dan also mentioned SEO above which he is right to mention but you would fail to break into the first few pages with the likes of B&Q, Homebase etc.

Your site looks pretty good for search engines, please don't fall into the trap of these companies that "guarantee" to get you to the top of Google, it's bullshit and don't sign up to any spam your site services either.

Remarkable enough, www.buykitchensonline.co.uk and www.buybedroomsonline.co.uk domains are available to register..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Just bought them.

Supply and demand. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived