Shaun Barker - Blackpool

TheRams

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little confused here as to why it requires planning, I thought all you had to do was send a fax to the club with your offer, not forgetting to mention which player your offer is for.

Also why wait until the Tito deal has been concluded? just make the offer and if that deal falls through pull the plug on the Barker deal.

Then again I've never run a football club so I could be talking out my arse here.

dunno mate i really dont no, rumor is they are intrested in him again cant remember where i heard it from though it has been in the last week

but i imagine putting a bid in is annoying with crap paperwork things like regerstring with the fa and football league etc..

Once Tito's move is confirmed that will give us the finances to chase a defender, which we will be doing straight away.

"We are still talking (to Blackpool) and, hopefully, we will be going back in the next few days.

"We have made offers for both players (Barker and Brayford), which have been rejected, so we are in the process of drawing up fresh offers which will go in as soon as we can."

Blackpool are holding out for £1m for player-of-the-year Barker, a valuation the Rams appear reluctant to meet.

Blackpool's new boss Ian Holloway says he wants Barker to stay.

He has drawn up a list of replacements should Barker leave but adds that initial inquiries about bringing in another defender have left him shocked.

Holloway claims potential replacements – all from lower league clubs – are "ridiculously" overpriced and would cost almost as much as Blackpool would receive for Barker.

"I have already asked other clubs about their players and given the chairman three or four targets just in case Shaun goes," said Holloway.

"So they're already lined up to some extent.

"However, the insulting thing is that the people we've inquired about, their clubs are asking for almost more than we've been offered for Shaun.

"It is a ridiculous situation. It really is.

"You can call our valuation for Shaun ridiculous but ours is based on fact."

Nottingham Forest are reported to be interested in Barker, who was born in Trowell.

Clough has added Lee Croft, Dean Moxey, Jake Buxton and Ben Pringle to the squad for the new season and would like to bring in a few more.

"I think two or three ideally, may be four depending on the goalkeeper situation" said Clough.

"A couple of clubs are after Lewis Price, maybe for a season-long loan where he can go out and play some games, which he desperately needs to do. That would mean we will bring a keeper in.

"We would prefer to have had more new arrivals at this stage but it does not always work out like that.

"As long as they come in at some point.

"We've got to wait to see what happens with Tito by the end of the week and then we will get cracking after that.

"The chairman can't work any harder than he is doing.

HHmmm surely we can't be that skint we have to wait till Tito has gone ?

and i don't get the goalkeeper situation - what's happened to Roy Carroll ? no mention of him - i presume he's going as he's talking about bringing another one in.

according to one of the lads in the office who is usually full of b.s but has been right about a few things they now want £1.25 mill and have told forest that they can have if they pay that much looks like holloway knows he is going though he's already compiled a list of replacements

Originally posted by vicky-27;21191

HHmmm surely we can't be that skint we have to wait till Tito has gone ?

and i don't get the goalkeeper situation - what's happened to Roy Carroll ? no mention of him - i presume he's going as he's talking about bringing another one in.

i dont think we are skint, i think its more being sensible with our money i mean our last 2 managers spent a shed load on no return so i think being sensible in the market makes sense, cause i would of thought we will make a loss on all the players who were bought in who are surplus to requirements

Wouldn't of thought so, if you look at what he said:

"He is a very professional lad and he is going to play well for us – and he needs to play well right now because we have actually shown our hand and said ‘yes, you can have him for X amount".

If we know what this X amount is and we want to sign the guy then let's offer this X amount and get him in asap.

Blackpool defender Shaun Barker is supposedly at the centre of a tug of war for his services, with both Forest and arch rivals Derby County vieing for his signature.

The 26 year defender has been linked with a move to the City Ground since the end of the season and is a local lad from Trowell. He's a Forest fan as well.

Barker would be a decent signing. He's had two years Championship experience with the Seasiders and has the versatility to play at either right back or centre half. He's their on field captain and would be sorely missed by them if he left.

There's two sides to the Barker rumour though and it all depends on which one you believe. One side says we've matched the £600,000 bid from the Sheep Shaggers, but gone one step better and put the cash on the table. Blackpool have apparently accepted the bids and it's up to the player to decide. If that's true, then it's a no brainer for the lad and he's a Red. Just a case of Billy giving him the pen and getting him to change the colour of his hair, for the photo waving the scarf.

The other side of the story, is that it's all a Baldrick style cunning plan, to get Donny Chairman John Ryan all twitchy about missing out on all that cash for Matthew Mills. It's hoped that when he sees us bidding for Barker, he'll be on the phone rather sharpish, to complete the deal for Mills. We could of course be in for both, in which case, it's happy days.

This was taken from Vital Forest - me thinks he had been out in the sun to long

Originally posted by TheRams;21874

Derby County are expected to return with an increased off for transfer target Shaun Barker this week.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Er/therams/%7E4/tH3jPpOfP4s

[url=http://feeds.therams.co.uk/%7Er/therams/%7E3/tH3jPpOfP4s/derby-ready-to-make-improved-bid-for-barker-this-week]Read More...

Tito money well worth then. Hope we dont miss out on Barker.

It's time they stopped telling us they are preparing a bid and get it done, looks like Forest are going to miss out on Matt Mills and we know how careless Billy is with money, we need to get in there before he slaps in a £5m bid and offers 35k per week.

Hardly reliable source but,

A friend of mine informed me that Shaun Barker will not be coming to Forest as he has been offered more in wages from the Sheep and that's where he will go.

He spoke to Shaun's sister in Trowell at the weekend.

[url=http://forums.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=30099&tstart=0]http://forums.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk...=30099&tstart=0

Nice to think it's true but it sounds abit iffy to me, I'm sure Billy would offer more wages than Cloughie would.

its probably more like barker has said why would i come from a small club with not many fans (avg attendance 8k) with a ***** stadium and crap training facilitiesto a smaller club with less fans a crap stadium and ***** training facilites over derby county a much bigger club with more fans than they can dream of decent stadium top notch training facilities and a top manager?

Originally posted by derbydan;21952

its probably more like barker has said why would i come from a small club with not many fans (avg attendance 8k) with a ***** stadium and crap training facilitiesto a smaller club with less fans a crap stadium and ***** training facilites over derby county a much bigger club with more fans than they can dream of decent stadium top notch training facilities and a top manager?

but that way theres only really one option isnt there?

Archived