Callum Ball

ram my bum

well id like to say this lad deserves a chance to start and prove to all us derby county fans he can be our striker / target man its good the lad is there abouts and training with 1st team but he needs games throw him in and see what we get . cloughy has thrown mason bennett in and the lad has had nothing to show. now this ball lad is only 18 but built like a steve howard bloke but younger. i have watched ball many times in the reserves he clearly stands out as a danger man and can finsh well. cloughy has been bring ball on for 10mins 15mins this really isnt good enough and even time ball comes on derby are either losing or drawing on the back foot .

my opinion is that start him against hull with theo ? and well see the difference he can flick on and hold the ball up as good as anyone in the derby team (strikers)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People complain about Theo's first touch....they haven't seen Callum Ball 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> I don't want to beat him down because he's still young and will develop. Maybe not to Championship standards, but i'm sure he'll do fine at a club like Burton or Chesterfield 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

well id like to say this lad deserves a chance to start and prove to all us derby county fans he can be our striker / target man its good the lad is there abouts and training with 1st team but he needs games throw him in and see what we get . cloughy has thrown mason bennett in and the lad has had nothing to show. now this ball lad is only 18 but built like a steve howard bloke but younger. i have watched ball many times in the reserves he clearly stands out as a danger man and can finsh well. cloughy has been bring ball on for 10mins 15mins this really isnt good enough and even time ball comes on derby are either losing or drawing on the back foot .

my opinion is that start him against hull with theo ? and well see the difference he can flick on and hold the ball up as good as anyone in the derby team (strikers)

Did nowt at P'boro. Not that that's a fair assessment, I'm just saying.

People say how good he is at holding the ball up and winning headers but I've never seen a glimpse of either when he's featured for the first team. Whether he's showing more in 90 minutes in the reserves than he does with the odd substitute appearance I can't say but he looks a good few years off of being competent for this level.

Archived