u-18s

RamNut

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

highlights on rams player

can't see much to get excited about.....no4 looks tidy but not alot there

You can't tell from 1 game, I thought a good few of them looked excellent against Liverpool so it's not easy to tell.

Mats Morch looks like a steady pair of hands though.

You can't tell from 1 game, I thought a good few of them looked excellent against Liverpool so it's not easy to tell.

Mats Morch looks like a steady pair of hands though.

maybe....maybe not

with Colin Todd you could tell within 5 seconds

maybe....maybe not

with Colin Todd you could tell within 5 seconds

Thing I will never know, but has always made me wonder, would Todd have been so good if he played today, with the pass back rule, it was his favorite way to get out of trouble

Thing I will never know, but has always made me wonder, would Todd have been so good if he played today, with the pass back rule, it was his favorite way to get out of trouble

colin todd .....in trouble ???

does not compute

computer says no

colin todd .....in trouble ???

does not compute

computer says no

I dont give two hoots what your computer says, you are not the only one that saw him mate, he passed back to the goalie more than any defender I have ever seen.

He was good, not in my all time Derby favs though, but thats just my choice.

I dont give two hoots what your computer says, you are not the only one that saw him mate, he passed back to the goalie more than any defender I have ever seen.

He was good, not in my all time Derby favs though, but thats just my choice.

i think you've got him muddled up with keith osgood mate

Todd passed back because you could then. It was a way of keeping possession. He more than made up for it with his tackling, reading of the game, speed and ability to make pinpoint passes to our midfield and forwards.

Mind you, he was a record signing for a defender, it was the equivalent of manure paying £30m for Rio Ferdinand!

Clough has said that there are now almost a full team line up of youth players who have the potential to make the step up yo the first team. These are players in the U15s U16s such as Bennett

and players currently on scholarships. You can get a good idea of who some of the players showing the most potential by looking at which players have already had international youth call ups. We have two lads with the England U17s for the fitdt time in ages. Wixted and another 1st year scholar are with the Ireland U17s. Youth players impressing the coaches usually get call ups to the reserves regularly too. Sharpe, at left back and Lelan at centre back are two to look out for. Galinski and Morch are both 2nd years now but have been showing further progress.

Hayes is the other Eire U17s. lad He has been called up for their match in Kazakhstan. Other names to look out for are Kwame Thomas Raven and Rawson from the U16s and Hughes and Dawkins who are first year scholars. Add the likes of Witham and Jones and Ball and ~that would give you most of the players

currently looking like they could make the grade for Derby if they keep progressing.

Sounds like Hughes, attacking midfielder and 1st year scholar. By the way its worth mentioning the Blades youth team are coached by Pemberton [formerly a key figure at Forest Academy.]. Last season he lead them to the FA youth cup final. The home leg in Sheffield they were backec by over 28,000. So they would have not been intimidated by playing in front of the 1000 odd who turned up at Pride Park on saturday. I think the experience was a bit much for some of the Derby lads, including Ball.

the back pass didn't always get Toddy out of trouble. I remember one particularly muddy occasion at the BG when his back pass got stuck and Sniffer Clarke nipped in to score for the Dirty boys. That's the only one I can remember though. Out of all our greats I think Colin Todd would have adapted to the modern game as well as anyone.

Archived