6 days for Southampton

Day

To find new owners or the club will fold, fans raised £130,000 last week so the players could be paid but they could be looking at a FA fine after missiles were thrown at away fans during a pitch invasion.

To think the club could of been in the Premiership last season aswell is quite shocking, the fans must be bricking it this week.

If the club does go under would a extra confernce team be promoted, aswell as a League 2 club?

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/27/southampton-future-threat-buyer]http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ap...re-threat-buyer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tell the what, I wouldn't dig my hand into my pocket so that the club could pay the players. If they were any good, they wouldn't be struggling in the first place.

If the fans had gone to the ground in the first place instead of staying away, they might have been in a better position.

Coming to the final match of the season only didn't help the club.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh dear - things still no better for them.

Southampton FC have been unable to pay their players or staff in May, as their financial problems continue to mount, BBC Radio Solent understands. Office staff were told that their monthly salaries had not been paid at a meeting on Thursday.

The troubled League One club remain in talks with four groups of investors, with administrator Mark Fry hoping for a resolution in the next seven days.

Southampton's parent company went into administration in April.

Looks like Newcastle will get the first bargain - I would loved to have see him at Derby.

Newcastle United are understood to be closing in on a deal to sign highly-rated Southamption youngster Andrew Surman for a mere £1 million.

Surman's club Southampton are in financial disarray, and will take what they can get for their star players in a bid to stave off liquidation. The club failed to pay staff, and player's salaries for the month of May, and desperately need finances to cover their costs.

Alan Shearer has already begun talks with Mike Ashley over a transfer kitty of £20 million, and it is understood that £1 million from that will go to The Saints for their 22-year-old midfield ace.

Southampton has already confirmed the sale of another highly-rated player, Nathan Dyer to Swansea City for just £400,000.

It was obvious this was going to happen, Shearer will go for any young English talent from the Championship to replace the foreigners, not saying Shearer is a racist like Clough but he strikes me as being similar to Clough in preferring English players.

Originally posted by David;16917

It was obvious this was going to happen, Shearer will go for any young English talent from the Championship to replace the foreigners, not saying Shearer is a racist like Clough but he strikes me as being similar to Clough in preferring English players.

Lol.

Southampton administrators have struck an exclusivity deal with Pinnacle Consortium regarding the sale of the club.

Saints legend Matthew Le Tissier leads the interested party and they will now look to proceed with a takeover of the financially-crippled side.

Pinnacle will be looking to buy out the assets of Southampton Leisure Holdings, the holding company who are in charge of the football club's dealings.

In order to enter into an exclusivity agreement, Le Tissier's consortium had to pay a non-refundable, undisclosed fee, and that has allowed the club to pay their staff in full for the month of May.

The agreement lasts for 21 days and both the consortium and the administrators will now be looking to thrash out a deal during that time frame.

"I am extremely pleased to be able to announce this significant development in the sale process of Southampton Leisure Holdings," joint administrator Mark Fry told the club's official website.

Archived