Maguire

Gary Teale

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We pushed a CH up front at the end, I guess to add height up top but then to be able to go back to 4 at the back if we did equalise.

Who would you have taken off to bring him on?

The midfield looked balanced, good linking up on the right. Maybe take B.Davies off but they always looked dangerous breaking while we were attacking, could have got overun in the midfield of we did that and went 4-4-2. Also he's good at pitting corners in, we'd lose that if we took him off.

I don't think the midfield looks balanced in the middle at all - the wide men are fine but I don't think you need Bailey and Hendrick doing essentially the same job and then a great big gap before you get to Bryson, who was playing behind Davies.

I would certainly have taken off Hendrick or Bailey for Maguire, and dropped Bryson back into a more central midfield role.

Well staying the same clearly worked, oh yeah we lost. At 2-1 I couldn't see us scoring so I would have thought an attacking player on the bench would have been used. Clough tried both o,brien and shackall up there but is that what we are going to do with 15 odd mins left just pump long balls at a cente half thrown up front instead of a creative forward player. It reminds me of when a ex manager put darren moore up top. Where can you see him getting a game if anywhere?

Maguire's no defensive midfielder :p so why take Bailey or Hendrick off. I thought we bought him as a striker but Clough thinks he plays in that attacking midfield role. Actually thinking about it, we should have took Hendrick off and moved Bryson back into the DM position and let Maguire fill in the AM role. Its funny because we don't really know where he would fit into the team.

After Burnley scored their 2nd, Maguire could have come straight on and had a shot from the kick off! He's good at those...

It's a team game and I'm sure he will get some game time...it's only so long before the forwards/mids start racking up more injuries.

I know there was a thread recently about the 5 subs rule and I have to say that it would be nice to have just had the option of Ball/Cwyka coming on.

Will Theo not even be getting a place on the bench once Tyson comes back?

Archived