Burton Albion V Derby County

vicky-27

DERBY County will take on newly-crowned Blue Square Premier champions Burton Albion tomorrow night in a testimonial match for long-serving Brewers defender Aaron Webster.

Nigel Clough is expected to take a full first-team squad to the Pirelli Stadium to face his former club, now that the Rams have secured their Championship status for next season.

Burton, who clinched promotion to the Football League yesterday despite losing 2-1 at Torquay United, will be parading the BSP championship trophy ahead of the game, which kicks off at 7.45pm.

Admission to the standing areas is £8 for adults and £3 for under-16s, with seating costing an extra £2.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough set to play for Derby at Burton.

Nigel Clough will play for Derby County in tonight’s testimonial for long-serving Burton Albion defender Aaron Webster.

“I’m intending to play some part in the game myself, although I haven’t decided yet for how long,†said Clough, ahead of the game at the Pirelli Stadium (7.45pm).

“It will certainly be a strange experience lining up against Burton but I’m sure it’ll be a great night and we’ll all have a lot of fun.â€

Clough, who managed the Brewers for 10 years, will take his strongest possible side to face Burton, the newly-crowned Blue Square Premier champions.

“I’m delighted we can support Aaron this way and it should be a fantastic evening for everyone involved, with Burton having clinched promotion and ourselves securing our place in the Championship,†said Clough.

“We’ll take our strongest side possible to start the game and I hope both sets of supporters turn out in large numbers to be part of the occasion.â€

Burton will parade the BSP championship trophy ahead of the game. Admission to the standing areas is £8 for adults and £3 for under-16s, with seating costing an extra £2.

Derby Evening Telegraph.

Burton 1-2 Derby

Clough played the first half for Derby. Crosby and Martin Taylor played the second half. Tito and Duke scored, a Burton player got tripped on purpose in the penalty box to let Aaron Webster score the penalty. Clough came back on the pitch for the last ten minutes for Burton and Burton played with 12 men.

Goals: Tito's was a header after a Cross from Mile, headed into the floor and looping into the corner. Duke's was weird, O'keefe played it through, Duke was offside but a Burton defender got a vital touch which meant he was on, Duke rounded the keeper and slotted it underhim with a left foot.

Archived