Hypothetically speaking..

Ambitious

from what i've heard and what i've seen (very little) we would find it very hard to find a player that's better than them for 250k, let alone 4 players. They are both very promising players, we shouldn't let bad experiences in the past let the potential go to waste.

£1,000,000 + £1,000,000 = £2,000,000

£2,000,000 / 4 = £500,000

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah yes however OB once saw Savage parking his car at Moor Farm and asked for his signature. Savage accidently touched OB's hand when handing back the pen used which means under the Welsh FA rules, OB is able to play for them and as such is now able to be called British if he wishes.

I think something similar happened to Kris McCommons and Jamie ‘Paddy power’ Ward.:rolleyes:

Ironically, isn't that more the Irish qualification process than the home nations?

"What, you once drank a pint of guiness? You're in!"

O'Brien is playing as well as our injured captain who we paid £1m for. Just needs to prove his consistency. We have one of the best young centre halves in the division.

Is that an insult? Our "injured captain who we payed a £1m for" is injured and not playing...

Nope I meant in my opinion he is playing better than Barker did last season, and I think Barker should have to fight for his place back. Oh yeah Shackell to keep the arm band too.

Well, considereing we were quite poor last season, and yet again Barker had no preseason, that is not a surprise.

I don't think we will see the best from him this year either. If O'Brian keeps last nights form, he will be keeping Barker on the bench for years to come. Well, until he inevitably sold anyway.

I haven't commented on here after the Doncaster game but just thought I would say how pleasing it was to see Hendrick and O'Brien play so well, both are so different to the young players in the past that seem to blow hot and cold, go from world beaters to liabilities in the drop of a hat.

Hendrick looks like a central midfielder that has played over 300 games but still has the energy and legs to move around, he reads the game so very well and gets in between passes, doesn't do anything stupid and keeps the ball moving and always makes himself an option for a pass, it's amazing to this 12 months ago hardly anyone knew who he was, and if they knew his name certainly didn't know his ability.

and O'Brien who is yet to see the ball put in the net he is defending in the league (wasn't on for birminghams goal) looks like an rock at the back and I never thought I would say that Barker is going to have to be contempt with sitting on the bench if he keeps his form up, looks very solid and partnered with one of the best centre halfs in the division in shackell.

I think both players are adding zero's to their value game by game.. they both look like top half championship players, if not top end championship players.

It would take a vary ambitious (and misguided?) club to put a bid in for either of them yet as they still have only played a handful of games. Regarding Barker getting his place back- sadly I think he would be straight back in regardless of the form of O'Brien as Clough loves him- and he is pretty good TBF. Incidentally, how much would you be ok with selling Brayford and Bailey for if the bids came in (if the money was ploughed straight back in to player recruitment)?

It would take a vary ambitious (and misguided?) club to put a bid in for either of them yet as they still have only played a handful of games. Regarding Barker getting his place back- sadly I think he would be straight back in regardless of the form of O'Brien as Clough loves him- and he is pretty good TBF. Incidentally, how much would you be ok with selling Brayford and Bailey for if the bids came in (if the money was ploughed straight back in to player recruitment)?

Good question, I think both have the ability to go further in there careers.

Bailey obviously has the ability of a premier league centre midfielder, still has a bit to learn and far from the finished article but realistically speaking I think a 1.5million bid would buy him, from a fans point of view add another 500k-1million before I would let go.

Brayford, I am a massive fan off and think he is a complete right back he perhaps doesn't have the attacking threat of a lot of premiership right backs but defensively is brilliant compared to a lot I see, again I would go for a similar fee as Bailey, I struggle to see us turning down 1.5million for him.

and I agree with you on the Barker front, obviously always been one of our key players when played but if we are going to set any sort of standard of fair play out, then you just don't do it.. if O'Brien gets injured or makes a few mistakes and then I would say well in your right but at the minute you leave it as it is.

Archived