We need a goalscorer!

JacobDcfc

Ebanks Blake cost Wolves £1.5m.

And they were lucky he was at Plymouth too, other clubs would have put his buy-out clause higher than that.

Oh right, well my wolves friend told me he was on a free, naughty boy not knowing his facts!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the BBC website:

The deal to take David Goodwillie to Blackburn Rovers appears to have hit a snag, with Dundee United and the player's agent trying to resolve the issue.

Dundee United had agreed a fee of £2m up front with £800,000 in add-ons, plus a sell-on clause as part of the deal.

I think £2m is out of our range at the minute. Like it or not.

I know, im pretty sure l fondre wouldnt cost more then a mil

Seriosly, tyson and steve davies are not the answer, glick stop being a tight arse and buy that big and that marquee signing YOU promised....

A Billy Sharp would do nicely :D

Yes, we need a goalscorer. We also need a partner for Bailey and cover for the full backs. NC knows this, TG knows this, but it looks like they don’t have the necessary funds to fill those positions until they manage to sell Bywater and Leacock. Even then I’m wondering who we’ll get in on loan.

The bottom line is that our very wealthy GSE investors (such as billionaire Jeff Mallet and billionaire Brett Wilson) show very little interest in Derby County. They are not providing a decent enough kitty for Nigel to build a squad that can seriously challenge at this level.

can I ask why are we putting up with this? our investors are billionaires, not just one either, there are at least two, and we put up with this ridiculous notion that we can't afford a 2 million pound transfer fee? To me, the investors should do exactly that, not just pump cash profit from the club or savings back into the club but to spend some of their enormous fortune, they can either actually invest which investors are traditionally known to do, or they can sell derby to someone who might put something in.

I also feel a tad sorry for tom glick as he is just the mouthpiece for these people, you can't blame him.

I also feel a tad sorry for tom glick as he is just the mouthpiece for these people, you can't blame him.

Glick's on the frontline, hence takes all the flack, but I do agree, it's our investors, not Glick that are to blame.

Make or break this season. If we don't do very well then we just have to hope that they do the honourable thing, and fook off.

my prediction is, if we don't do well by January there will be fresh protests again and bigger ones in all honesty, it does make me wonder why they are here, they are billionaires and yet can't finance a 2 million pound transfer fee.

my prediction is, if we don't do well by January there will be fresh protests again and bigger ones in all honesty, it does make me wonder why they are here, they are billionaires and yet can't finance a 2 million pound transfer fee.

i couldn't agree more dude

It's because they completely underestimated the amounts of money that were going to be needed. I think they saw us as an opportunity to make a quick buck - take over a team about to go down, take advantage of the parachute payments and take them back up, and then sell them on for a profit.

Only trouble is, football's a lot harder than they thought, and the Championship is one of the toughest leagues in the world to get out of. Now they're stuck with us.

Only question is, will they eventually sell for a modest profit, or even a loss, or will they stick to their guns and try and keep us, hoping that someone can work some magic with their magic beans and take us up on a shoestring.....

staffs, i also think they underestimated how involved the fans are over here, they are used to dealing with franchises in America, now as far as i am aware, fans over here take a lot more pleasing and often protest if not happy and are very passionate, do fans in America ever protest about board ownership for example?

I think if they aren't prepared to invest anymore they should leave, for the sake of the club, if we are not careful we will end up as a coventry and none of us want that do we?

As I said, make or break season for them this time around. If there's no improvement this year then for me, they have to go. There's always the question of who they'll sell us to, and in truth we could probably do much worse, but at the moment supporting Derby is like suffering death by a thousand cuts. Each defeat just saps your interest that little bit more, and we have way to many defeats for that not to hurt.

That's why they are billionaires.

Billionaires makes their billions by investing – not by making do and mending.

For example, Jeff Mallet (one of our billionaire directors) has recently been investing a great deal of money in the Vancouver Whitecaps football club to set them up as an MLS club (new stadium etc). Well done Mr Mallet.

The original idea was that he (with others through GSE) would also invest in Derby to make us a presence in the PL and a ‘global brand’. That now seems a very long time ago now. I can’t see any evidence now, or over the past few years, that they have any serious interest in financially backing the club to get into the PL.

I’m not really sure why they haven’t sold us already – as StaffsRam suggests, maybe we’re a cheap bet that might come good if NC conjures up a miracle and gets us promoted. Who knows?

Meanwhile we need a striker, a partner for Bailey, and cover for our full backs.

Archived