Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leicester aren't ok though, they're in an even worse position than you. It's **** or bust for both of you this season.

Don't be stupid, none of our player are on more than 12k a week. And we have shipped out earnshaw, McKenna and Ebola who were all on big money. I think earnie was on 15k or something daft. Wages we are absolutely fine. As you so commonly inform us we've had more players going out than coming in! Leicester are The ones who may have issues if they don't go up

Don't be stupid, none of our player are on more than 12k a week. And we have shipped out earnshaw, McKenna and Ebola who were all on big money. I think earnie was on 15k or something daft. Wages we are absolutely fine. As you so commonly inform us we've had more players going out than coming in! Leicester are The ones who may have issues if they don't go up

Earnshaw was on £18k from what i've heard. Miller and Derbyshire £15k surely? They were both on very high wages at their previous clubs and Forest are known for spending high.

The thing with the wagebill is that Forest fans hail Billy Davies for what he did but he had double our playing budget, that's absoloutely huge. You should have won the league with that much in wages, or at very least managed second.

Now that fair play rules are coming in, you've lost what was a golden oppurtunity really. You'll do alright this season, but I don't think you'll even manage the play offs. 8th I reckon.

Earnshaw was on £18k from what i've heard. Miller and Derbyshire £15k surely? They were both on very high wages at their previous clubs and Forest are known for spending high.

The thing with the wagebill is that Forest fans hail Billy Davies for what he did but he had double our playing budget, that's absoloutely huge. You should have won the league with that much in wages, or at very least managed second.

Now that fair play rules are coming in, you've lost what was a golden oppurtunity really. You'll do alright this season, but I don't think you'll even manage the play offs. 8th I reckon.

I agree with the position. Maybe abit lower, Iv no idea what the wages miller and 'shire' will be on but we have missed out on a few targets because weve decided to enforce a wage cap. Still can see some of Billys team leaving.

Are you seriously suggesting that the likes of Miller, Derbyshire, Reid and Greening are going to be coming in on much less than the high earners that you've lost? Reid aside, none of them would touch Forest with a bargepole unless you were offering them decent wages.

This coming when your wagebill was already far in excess of your annual turnover.

If you think that's ok then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest you're naive rather than moronic. ;)

This is really the last season that you'll get away with living beyond your means before stringent measures have to be undertaken ahead of the financial fair play rules kicking in properly. Unfortunately, you're unlikely to trouble the likes of WHU, Leicester, Reading or Cardiff at the top, and if it's the playoffs for you again then we can all sit back, ready for another laugh. That being said, you won't make the playoffs, so it's a moot point anyway.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Derbyshire was on about 30k a week at olympiakos. I bet he is on 20k a week with you. Earnshaw was on 18k a week. Greening was on like 30k a week at Fulham. Players aren't going to play for a club for peanuts. Having spent 3 years in league 1 and unable to get promoted with millions spent, I would of thought that you would be more realistic with your ambitions.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Derbyshire was on about 30k a week at olympiakos. I bet he is on 20k a week with you. Earnshaw was on 18k a week. Greening was on like 30k a week at Fulham. Players aren't going to play for a club for peanuts. Having spent 3 years in league 1 and unable to get promoted with millions spent, I would of thought that you would be more realistic with your ambitions.

Lol let's just throw about random statistics for the fun of it shall we? Even if we are paying big wages (which no one has any evidence to say we are) then it's a good job our chairman is a forest fan as opposed to some random yank only interested in making money!!

Lol let's just throw about random statistics for the fun of it shall we? Even if we are paying big wages (which no one has any evidence to say we are) then it's a good job our chairman is a forest fan as opposed to some random yank only interested in making money!!

You're missing a very important point.

We've had a Derby fan controlling our club in the not too distant past. Someone who let his heart rule his head and ended up spending countless millions in pursuit of getting into and staying in the Premier League. It ended up putting us in the worst financial turmoil that we'd ever been in.

One good thing to say about those that are in it to make money - you don't make money off of an inefficient operation, and you certainly don't make money by spending well beyond your means.

I'll criticise our owners as much as the next fan, but the one good thing that they have done is gotten our financial house in order, and we have absolutely nothing to fear from the financial fair play rules. You on the other hand, cannot possibly comply with them while you're still handing our stupid contracts to past-their-sell-by-date players.

You don't seem to grasp the concept that going forward your spending is going to be linked to your income. It doesn't matter how much money Doughty has, only football-related income is going to be dictating how much money you can spend. Forest will struggle. Leicester will struggle, but the positive for them is that they'll likely be in the Premier League next year and thus generating far more income. Forest won't be, and will be hamstrung.

I think you will be suprised what wages these new players are on; they have all taken considerable wage decreases to join the club (sounds hard to believe but its true).

One thing i have heard is that a couple were given considerably bigger signing on fees to compensate for a huge decrease in wages; dont know how true this bit is but the wage bill is quite a way down from last season.

Is fair play in force this season then as well then?!

I thought it started next season mate hence this season and last seasons signing on fees wont be included ;)

Which is why I said that this season will be the last time that you get away with it ;)

Come next year and you're going to be forced to operate within your means for a change. Sadly, you can't even get promoted when you exceed them so there's even less of a chance next year and beyond for you. :D

Which is why I said that this season will be the last time that you get away with it ;)

Come next year and you're going to be forced to operate within your means for a change. Sadly, you can't even get promoted when you exceed them so there's even less of a chance next year and beyond for you. :D

Alot of wild conclusions and genealisations are being thrown around here. You have no idea who is going to get promoted this year, and even if we don't you've already been informed that the players have had big wage cuts but big sign on fees and that the FFP dont apply in this given year and that we've had more players wages leave than come in.

I tihnk your clutching at straws a little here thinking we're all of a sudden going to get rushed into adminitration for signing 5 players and letting 8 leave? Putting us and Leciester into the same boat, when they have players on 25k a week is riciculous.

Archived