Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Well if our owners wanted to turn us into the new Kuwaiti XI, why have we given them month long trials instead of just signing them already? And we won't have a chance with work permits because the team has to be at least 70th in the World Rankings. Kuwait is 98th. Besides it's also in the Mail, last time I read a Daily Mail article it was telling me that was turning little kids into rapist sex slaves, that maybe the case in Sheffield but it's not anywhere else.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

So you're trialing players who you have no hope of signing instead of looking for actual players to fill the teamsheet? The start of the season can't come quick enough!

Merchandise sales in Kuwait and for media attention I'm guessing. I think one or two will be allowed in, but that'll be it.

Yeah, our overseas shirt sales went through the roof in the States when we had Feilhaber and Eddie Lewis......

I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for you lot now. How unlucky must you be to be taken over by the only Arabs in the middle east who don't appear to have any oil money.......

Merchandise sales in Kuwait and for media attention I'm guessing. I think one or two will be allowed in, but that'll be it.

Don't you see rosie? The very fact that you are trialling players not chosen by the manager makes you look pathetic. This could seriously end in more hilarity than when you lot had the promotion shirts printed before the Yeovil game...............

Yeah, our overseas shirt sales went through the roof in the States when we had Feilhaber and Eddie Lewis......

I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for you lot now. How unlucky must you be to be taken over by the only Arabs in the middle east who don't appear to have any oil money.......

Kuwaiti football is very tribal. Our shirts were selling well in Kuwait apparently even before the takeover was announced. The only player that has a prayer of getting a permit is Bader al-Mutawa (Kuwait's most capped player, their Rooney basically, which isn't saying much), so the sales of Forest shirts will likely increase.

And you can be wealthy in the ME without having money in oil. The family own a company that makes fridges and air-con units, so there's a lot of money in there, plus other stuff such as a hardware company and shares in banks. They get nearly four billion in revenue. And besides, it's not about how much money you've got it's about how much they're willing to spend it. Leicester's owners aren't minted but they chucked mental money at it last year. Aren't Derby's owners billionaires?

Kuwaiti football is very tribal. Our shirts were selling well in Kuwait apparently even before the takeover was announced. The only player that has a prayer of getting a permit is Bader al-Mutawa (Kuwait's most capped player, their Rooney basically, which isn't saying much), so the sales of Forest shirts will likely increase.

And you can be wealthy in the ME without having money in oil. The family own a company that makes fridges and air-con units, so there's a lot of money in there, plus other stuff such as a hardware company and shares in banks. They get nearly four billion in revenue. And besides, it's not about how much money you've got it's about how much they're willing to spend it. Leicester's owners aren't minted but they chucked mental money at it last year. Aren't Derby's owners billionaires?

You forgot to add, "I have never clutched at straws so much in my life" 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

The Kuwaiti Rooney - 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Yeah mate, our lot would give Ebeneezer a good run for his $$$.

I can just imagine the thought processes of most of your lot though "What's that, we're being taken over by Kuwaitis? Get in! Here comes the oil money, yippee!!! Wait, hold on, they sell WHAT?!" - 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

You forgot to add, "I have never clutched at straws so much in my life" 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

About what exactly? If you're a countries Rooney a lot of people will want to buy shirts with your name on it, won't they?

Or are you saying that there isn't a lot of money in fridges/air-con's or whatever, in a region that is effectively a big desert with some oil fields?

At the end of the day our owners have been in charge for about ten days, no-one really knows how much money we'll have to spend. We could have £20 million or 20p to spend, we don't know yet. Time will tell.

The Kuwaiti Rooney - 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Yeah mate, our lot would give Ebeneezer a good run for his $$$.

I can just imagine the thought processes of most of your lot though "What's that, we're being taken over by Kuwaitis? Get in! Here comes the oil money, yippee!!! Wait, hold on, they sell WHAT?!" - 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

That's how the Kuwaiti's described him. Although, I'd say some of their players are better than David bloody McGoaldrought.

Sadly, that's probably true for a lot of our fans as they see owners like City. The info has always been there that they're not oil sheiks though.

That's how the Kuwaiti's described him. Although, I'd say some of their players are better than David bloody McGoaldrought.

Couldn't be much worse could he. I just love the notion - the Kuwaiti Rooney - It's like saying this is the Lada version of the Bugatti Veyron.

Sadly, that's probably true for a lot of our fans as they see owners like City. The info has always been there that they're not oil sheiks though.

When the Americans came in, we were told that they'd follow the Randy Lerner model, not the Glazier one. I think that was in reference to not buying the club through debt, but it could just as easily mean that we'll win fook all instead of winning the league.....

Which defenders do you want SoD to sign?

I think we need to keep it simple & bring in the loans from last season on perm deals ( time scale is important )

Maybe pinch a player or two from Portsmouth & Rangers

QPR have released loads

Whitbread is available

Dream would be Bertrand back but if Chelsea are going to play him there is no chance

Archived