Guitar/instruments/being rubbish at guitar

Shake n Bake

Just wondering, anyone play the geetah on here? I'm sure quite a few of you do. I've been playing a few years now, i'm still rubbish but its a good laugh.

Also, anyone in a band that needs recording, my dads into all the recording stuff and has recorded a couple of artists and a band that supported bad company on a couple of shows recently, he's very keen to record people for a reasonable price.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been playing for about 15 years but still pretty crap. I have a fair bit of equipment and recently bought a new digital multitrack which looks great but I've hardly had chance to use it yet!

Very frustrating! :mad:

The missus bought me a guitar a few months back, all I've done is allowed it to gather dust. It does worry me the amount of time you lot have played and are still useless. I'm hoping that's because you are all thick and I'm just lazy.

The missus bought me a guitar a few months back, all I've done is allowed it to gather dust. It does worry me the amount of time you lot have played and are still useless. I'm hoping that's because you are all thick and I'm just lazy.

It's all relative really, if you heard me play you'd probably think I'm **** hot (erm well, maybe!) but then I'll hear some of my friends play or some great guitar solo and I realise how good you can be.

I'm happy being a good rhythm player and can play as well as I need to to do what I want. It would just be nice if I had that little extra ability.

If you had a friend who could give you a few pointers and show you a few things you would come on no end in a short space of time. Don't give up.

Her Uncle has said he's going to show me a thing or two, I think he's talking about the guitar anyhow. I've gota DVD and books but it's all abit mind boggling, I'll get there in the end, it's ony 6 strings how hard can it be.

I've played for a few years, got a few nice guitars and a couple of high end amps. Mainly just learn to play my favourite tracks these days, keep thinking of starting a band but lack the confidence. I'll just stick to covering 90's post punk and hardcore bands for now :)

Honestly though learning the chords and scales is great but you have to mix it with playing songs you like, otherwise you just get bored and give up. Also if you know someone else that plays get them over and cover a song together. Me and my mate did Foo Fighters - Everlong both guitar parts with the backing track, great motivation.

I've had guitars for 28 years and although at one stage i was OK i never seem to have the time and i've forgot lots.

I've still got my Epiphone Les Pual Custom,Marshall amp.Yamaha strat(can't think what the model is) and acoustic.

Love guitars just to look at,really cool stuff.

This guy keeps pestering me for lessons :rolleyes::D

Having gone though a Gretsch and an Epiphone Sheraton in recent years, I've now settled on a Mexican tele.

10 years ago I was half-decent, but totally lost it now.

I sit down to fiddle with it for 5 mins (!) and you can guarantee one of the kids will break something/spill something/fall over and I'll have to put it down again...

I think my problem is trying to learn too many different styles - in the past year I've bought books on delta blues, slide, funk, jazz - need to just sit down and master the basics first....just never get the time! :mad:

Have played guitar for almost thirty years and cannot consider myself to be anything other than ok. Doesn't seem to matter what company I'm in these days there is always someone who can play it better than me. I used to be in a band but fortunately for my teenage ego (at the time) we were so bad my guitar playing skills weren't shown up - in fact the guitar was about the best bit of the band (IMO).

I don't really pick my guitars up much these days but when I do I find that playing songs I know and like really helps me to get back in the swing

Archived