If not Waghorn, then who?

sage

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you were coming into the country to work on an EU passport, I guess you'd have to show that passport? Although maybe the 'I do have an Italian passport, honestly' line would have been better than using the fake one he'd got :D.

Rumour has it that he was actually grassed up, and they were expecting him when he returned, therefore I dont think he would have got back into this country whatever happened.

He still maintains his innocence.

Daryl Murphy looks like he could be available - Celtic are apparently willing to let him go. 6' 3" tall and 28 yrs old. Not a prolific scorer by any stretch of the imagination but ticks a few boxes up top. Cost £1.5M 12 months ago. Maybe worth a punt.

Daryl Murphy looks like he could be available - Celtic are apparently willing to let him go. 6' 3" tall and 28 yrs old. Not a prolific scorer by any stretch of the imagination but ticks a few boxes up top. Cost £1.5M 12 months ago. Maybe worth a punt.

when we need a prolific scorer who can get around 15-20 goals a season why would we buy a striker who isn't a prolific goalscorer? for me murphy aint good enough, riordon would be an interesting bet, did awful at celtic but would be interesting to see how he does down here.

when we need a prolific scorer who can get around 15-20 goals a season why would we buy a striker who isn't a prolific goalscorer? for me murphy aint good enough, riordon would be an interesting bet, did awful at celtic but would be interesting to see how he does down here.

Its not a given that we need or are indeed seeking a prolific scorer who can score 15 to 20+ a season. I know that you and some others on here would love to see one but QPR won the league without having a CF featuring at the top of the scoring charts. Our best football last year came when our mobile 3 behind the man up top were scoring freely. The period with Kuqi up front never indicated that he was going to be a prolific scorer but the consensus of opinion seems to be that his deparrture was one of the triggers for our decline - his link play was important to our system.

Clough may well be looking at the attributes required to be a good link man that can bring in the other players behind him and may not necessarily be that concerned about him being a proven 20 goal a season man - Hence waghorn.

Archived