Conor on target again

Val

could he maybe the 20 goals players were looking for next season, i think maybe playing him alongside eatheir jamie ward or maybe callium ball when he gets the chance, or maybe even martin wayhorn,tyson. but i hope we could be a really attacking force next season but does anyone else think he could be used in centrel midfeild or down the wings.

Steady B4, you've been making sense lately, don't go spoiling all your hard work.

I think he'll come along leaps and bounds and get a few more games under his belt but bagging 20 is a bit of a scretch isn't it...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks a beast doesn't he? I swear when I first saw him he wasn't that tall, or built that way..

He looks like he's strong and fairly pacey, with a good first touch he could be good at this level. Reminds me o a Johan Elmander type forwrd player. Good prospect.

good finish but an average first touch from doyle, im sure that'll improve though.

hope he has a little more involvement next season

I thought that too, until I saw the angle behind the goal - the spin of the ball put it right in front of him. You might say is was accidental, but the finish proves he has quality....

He won't ever find that much time and space in this league though, perhaps we should send him out on loan where he can find that sort of space in a competitive club environment (ie, loan him out on the continent).

Don't think that would help is development to play in the English game at all.

Why not? He needs to get his confidence up, show someone what he can do. Somewhere like Scandanavia or Scotland where he'll find space and the ugly side of football.

If we started playing younger and youth players I think there would actually be a riot! I personally don't see the point in signing these "one for the futures" if they don't get given the chance. However, with the club stating that they will be buying players that state our intentions I think that a team full of youth would be the final straw for many!

If we started playing younger and youth players I think there would actually be a riot! I personally don't see the point in signing these "one for the futures" if they don't get given the chance. However, with the club stating that they will be buying players that state our intentions I think that a team full of youth would be the final straw for many!

Obviously not playing youth players as a complete replacement for a first team player, maybe have 2 on the bench to bring on when the game is won, or something along those lines. Our academy's meant to be good with bringing through players (Huddlestone, Barnes, Addison etc etc) so we might as well try and nurture future talent?

Archived