Dumping or being dumped. Can be funny.

Boycie

Me and my mate were in his car and the girlfriends were in the back.

Well, my mates girl thought she was his girlfriend, but nothing was ever set in stone so to speak.

Anyway, she brought up the subject, hoping to get a definitive answer to her conundrum.

He told her, that he wasn't really seeing her as a girlfriend as such, and didn't want to lead her on anymore.

Well,

He had a soppy tape on in the car, yes a tape, (google it) and the very next track was "I guess it's over, we'll call it a day, I never meant it to end this way"

Feck me, me and my mate were both biting on our shirts, trying not to laugh, while the girl in the back was being consoled by the other one.

Anyway, you had to be there, whatever.

Do you have any funny dumping stories. Dumping as in ending a relationship, not taking a *****.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate got dumped without even knowing he was going out with a girl..

We went out for a few drinks when I was living in Vancouver last year (on a Friday), went to an irish bar (yes they're everywhere).. I don't like to get drunk, though I do like beers, so I had my usual 2 and that was it.. My mate likes to drink and chat up the women, he's generally very good at this aswell.. Anyway he spoke to this girl and arranged to go the Sunday..

On the Saturday we had tickets to The Cancuks (hockey) at around 3pm and we got some food afterwards. Anyway this took up around 3/3.5 hours in total in which my mate left his phone in the flat.. We got back and discovered he had 6 new messages and 11 odd missed calls.. The messages are along the lines of this..

1. Hi It's Kaidy from last night.. How are you? So what do you want to do tomorrow?

2. Hi It's Kaidy, the girl you met last night.. How are you? Are we going out tomorrow?

3. Hi It's Kaidy, I tried messaging but I think it failed. How are you? We still on for tomorrow?

4. Hi, I don't know why but I've messaged you without reply.. Maybe you're busy, send me a message please.

5. Hi, not really sure whether my phone is playing or you're just ignoring me.. What's going on?

6. OK I get the picture, I'm just another one of you're girls.. It's over, don't call me, I don't want to see you again.

We personally couldn't believe it, was hilarious and we made sure my mate didn't forget about it for the next 3 months! Everytime we went out at night (Vancouver city centre is actually pretty small despite having alot of people) he was petrified of running into her.

My mate got dumped without even knowing he was going out with a girl..

We went out for a few drinks when I was living in Vancouver last year (on a Friday), went to an irish bar (yes they're everywhere).. I don't like to get drunk, though I do like beers, so I had my usual 2 and that was it.. My mate likes to drink and chat up the women, he's generally very good at this aswell.. Anyway he spoke to this girl and arranged to go the Sunday..

On the Saturday we had tickets to The Cancuks (hockey) at around 3pm and we got some food afterwards. Anyway this took up around 3/3.5 hours in total in which my mate left his phone in the flat.. We got back and discovered he had 6 new messages and 11 odd missed calls.. The messages are along the lines of this..

1. Hi It's Kaidy from last night.. How are you? So what do you want to do tomorrow?

2. Hi It's Kaidy, the girl you met last night.. How are you? Are we going out tomorrow?

3. Hi It's Kaidy, I tried messaging but I think it failed. How are you? We still on for tomorrow?

4. Hi, I don't know why but I've messaged you without reply.. Maybe you're busy, send me a message please.

5. Hi, not really sure whether my phone is playing or you're just ignoring me.. What's going on?

6. OK I get the picture, I'm just another one of you're girls.. It's over, don't call me, I don't want to see you again.

We personally couldn't believe it, was hilarious and we made sure my mate didn't forget about it for the next 3 months! Everytime we went out at night (Vancouver city centre is actually pretty small despite having alot of people) he was petrified of running into her.

Stage 5 clinger as they say in Wedding crashers.

Don't know what it is about my mate, he just attracts the clingers.

As for me, no joke, I went on 3 dates with 3 different women in a month, to find out (generally after 10 minutes or so into a first date) that the girls were vegetarians.. I got so much rip for this it was unreal.

What is it about vegetarians that just makes them so wierd.. Anyone else notice this? Girls (veggies) just seem to act 'out there' ie. hippy personified.. To get abit of attention or what I don't know.. The 3 girls had something strikingly in common, they were all clingy, into heavyish music, like to dress in ridiculous outfits (robes), most probably virgins even at 23/24, but portray themselves to be very normal when you first meet them.

As for me, no joke, I went on 3 dates with 3 different women in a month, to find out (generally after 10 minutes or so into a first date) that the girls were vegetarians.. I got so much rip for this it was unreal.

What is it about vegetarians that just makes them so wierd.. Anyone else notice this? Girls (veggies) just seem to act 'out there' ie. hippy personified.. To get abit of attention or what I don't know.. The 3 girls had something strikingly in common, they were all clingy, into heavyish music, like to dress in ridiculous outfits (robes), most probably virgins even at 23/24, but portray themselves to be very normal when you first meet them.

A girl that wouldn't go near meat is a non-starter for me ;)

Worst of all is they have the attitude of 'you should like me for who I am' therefore they turn up on a first date without the makeup etc.. and looking nothing like how they did when you first met them.

True story one was a barmaid that I was chatting to, she looked very good looking, slim, hair pulled back and very chatty.. So I thought I'd invite her to a BBQ that we was having the next day.. A BBQ and she still never told me! So she turns up on a push bike wearing jog pants, a scruffy t-shirt, draped hair and no make-up.. Basically lIke she's just spent 3 hours at the gym.. (for a first date!) Then when offered a burger she kindly refused and told us all she was a veggie, which then explained everything. Then I spent the next 2 hours listening to hippy stories about her family!

Worst of all is they have the attitude of 'you should like me for who I am' therefore they turn up on a first date without the makeup etc.. and looking nothing like how they did when you first met them.

True story one was a barmaid that I was chatting to, she looked very good looking, slim, hair pulled back and very chatty.. So I thought I'd invite her to a BBQ that we was having the next day.. A BBQ and she still never told me! So she turns up on a push bike wearing jog pants, a scruffy t-shirt, draped hair and no make-up.. Basically lIke she's just spent 3 hours at the gym.. (for a first date!) Then when offered a burger she kindly refused and told us all she was a veggie, which then explained everything. Then I spent the next 2 hours listening to hippy stories about her family!

Did you bone her though?

They all act normal when you first meet them though?

By this I'm referring to the fact that they don't openly tell you until you're actually on the date.. Though then again it would be abit of a strange question to come out with when first meeting someone that 'seems' a good looking down to earth type of girl.

And no I didn't bone her.. Never have done a veggie and never will. If I don't get married to my current girlfriend and I have another girlfriend afterwards, I'm 100% certain that she will not be 'white/cacausian' nor will she be an 'english speaker'

They just don't do it for me.

Bit of an early year 10 romance.. Sat next to this lass in ICT and while she went to the toilet, I left her a message and wrote on her computer that I wasn't interested, and also got 'Can you feel the love tonight?' up on YouTube. Awkward...

My mates at work were talking about awkward first dates last week - my mate said she was set up by her friends on a blind date with someone they truly believed was right for her.

So they met up, she took one look and decided he was, lets say, not very handsome and not her type at all - bit shallow but anyway...

They were in the middle of a shopping area and she pleaded she needed the loo in Debenhams, left him standing there waiting for her and buggered off. Aw, I thought that was a bit cruel.

I wonder how long he waited before the penny dropped and how long it took to get over it.

Just because she didn't want to bite on your Sausage! (Doing Trigger's job for him).

Women can be evil. Bet he's still there perving at all the yummy mummys

Or still sat in a therapist's chair somewhere :D

Bet he never fessed up the episode to his mates, imagine the embarrasment.

Archived