Song for Marlon ...

RAMtastic

How in anyway was it stupid? He could of quite easily passed it off as something else and made a joke out of it or whatever a bit light-hearted, didn't have to turn round and tell him it's a chant directed at a thug who got convicted of sexual assault.

Disagree there mate.

The term rape shouldn't ever be passed off or joked about to a child and should be explain that it is wrong, probably not in detail though, kids should be taught that it is wrong straight away.

The argument I believe is that they shouldn't be exposed to it yet as it makes the above job difficult and uncomfortable for both parent and child.

I did think though as has been mentioned he didn't actually rape the girl which makes the chanting a bit harsh. Arrogant, pathetic and disgusting as he is, luckily might I add, he didn't go as far as to deserve to be called a rapist. IMO anyway.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's a muppet, but was the best player on the pitch yesterday by a country mile. Exactly the type of player we need, held it up well, created chances and was a nuisance for the defence all game.

He was good. The chants from Derby fans seemed to improve him if anything. Was a threat all game.

He was good. The chants from Derby fans seemed to improve him if anything. Was a threat all game.

He played well, but he wasn't a threat, IMO. He's there number 9 and he was everywhere - but he shouldn't have been. He's meant to be up front, winning battles, turning his man, sniffing out half-chances and poaching goals. Our midfield wisened up second half and didn't look so week, so King dropped back deeper and ran everything himself - but then there was no one up front to pass to.

If that was intentional from Clough and the management team, then that was a very shrewd tactical move because they weren't much of a threat second half, and we let King do his stuff in the middle third rather than the final third.

I think taking Bueno off was a mistake, it upset the balance a bit after that.

Archived