premier league players out of contract

aussie_ram

Since Glick has said they are looking at free transfers, I wanted to see what players are out of contract.

Here's a link to a goal.com article that lists all the out of contract premier league players:

Premier League Bosman List - All The Players Available For Free In England This Summer

What players do you think will be on our radar?

I think we will be looking at a few Birmingham and maybe Blackpool players, with the likes of:

Lee Bowyer 3 Jan 1977 Midfielder

Sebastian Larsson 6 Jun 1985 Midfielder

James McFadden 14 Apr 1983 Midfielder

Kevin Phillips 25 Jul 1973 Striker

Also just thought i'd point out that Giles Barnes and David Jones are also on this list

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are plenty of players on that list who are proven at Championship level and above that would make good signings for us.

But the reality is that the players that would be willing to drop down a division are naturally those less desirable.

The majority of players that stand out from that list will command a contract at a club higher in the pecking order than Derby anyways, especially after a taste of top flight football and especially with our perceived lack of ambition.

Plus, players can extend their contract before their expiry date. So we are not in the most advantageous position.

Realistic AND desirable targets from that list in my opinion:

Keith Southern (Blackpool)

Lee Bowyer (Birmingham)

Simon Cox (WBA)

Stephen Caldwell (Wigan)

First and foremost we have to scrape by and survive in this division first.

We also have to believe the Board are genuine about their claims.

They are still likely to be penny pinching around the wage budget once again.

If we get to the stage where we are safe in this division, Clough will have his own list of targets and this is the ones he will choose from,

like it or leave it.

Doncaster managed to outbid us last season and Coppinger would have lots of admirers if he does leave there.

Simon Cox was rumoured to be chased by us in the past, wasen't that under Jewell though?

It depends on level of ambition doesn't it. I would love to see us in the hunt for players like McFadden, Anichebe and Seb Larsson. Players who would require big wages, especially to drop down a level, but players with genuine class and genuine resale value.

Realistic targets from that list in my opinion:

Rob Edwards

Brett Ormerod

Ricardo Gardner

Jody Craddock

Jason Euell

That's it.

I would like 2 or 3 players from this list:

Jlloyd Samuel

Daniel De Ridder

Michael Kightly

Isaiah Osbourne

Stuart Parnaby

Diomansy Kamara

Ricardo Fuller

now I think about it, this should be in Transfer Talk instead of Rams Talk..

Nope, this is alright, genuine transfer rumours only in that board.

Off that list I'd have....

Jose Bosingwa

Brad Friedel

Luke Young

Nigel Reo-Coker

John Carew

Sebastian Larsson

Stephen Carr

Seamus Coleman

Danny Murphy

Patrick Vieira

Edwin van der Sar

Ryan Giggs

Paul Scholes

Michael Owen

Thomas Sorensen

Eidur Gudjohnsen

Carlo Cudicini

William Gallas

Simon Cox

Matthew Upson

Marcus Hahnemann

David Jones

Michael Kightly

Although that list was put together on Jan 19th so some have signed new contracts but I don't think that should stop us putting in a cheeky bid for anyone of the players above.

I love ***** like this, my short list for Tommy would be:

Jordon Mutch

David Murphy

Joey O'Brien

Zoltan Gera

Danny Murphy

Kazenga Lua Lua

Ricardo Fuller

Simon Cox

Stephen Caldwell

David Jones

Michael Knightly

I dont see why after cutting the wage bill for two years they are going to give these players who are currently in the prem the money that they will want to play with us, they are going to have offers from elsewhere and have shown we are not the best at competing on these fronts and the new worry is the now relegated teams will be coming down with about 48million to cover them for a few seasons

Archived