Rams post latest accounts

admira

Reference the first part,I think it's a bit tenuous but I won't waste time arguing.Capitalisation has occurred at various stages of years (mid Jan is one example that springs to mind)-cash may have transferred prior to capitalisation,but I doubt it would be formalised as a loan.However,now I see your line of thought,I've no problems with what you said.

I hope you are right about the first part. The only things that worry me is that someone who claimed to be 'in the know' and good friends with the Hulse family said his transfer fee was around £400k and not the figures stated in the press and I can't reconcile that to the figure that is stated as 'after date sales'.

On the assumption that the bank require management accounts how would you think any monies 'granted' to DCFC from the parent company are treated?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope you are right about the first part. The only things that worry me is that someone who claimed to be 'in the know' and good friends with the Hulse family said his transfer fee was around £400k and not the figures stated in the press and I can't reconcile that to the figure that is stated as 'after date sales'.

On the assumption that the bank require management accounts how would you think any monies 'granted' to DCFC from the parent company are treated?

As cash advances from the parent company.A 'loan' implies something to be repaid-it's quite clear what the intent is,viz to provide working capital for the club in the knowledge that such advances are to be capitalised at a later date.Anyway,hardly worth arguing about.

I thought Glick categorically denied this?

I thought Glick categorically denied this?

Not sure on this but sure someone will clarify if this was the case. I thought the clubs stance was not to comment on transfer fees.

Something that was mentioned to me the other day and I forgot to post.

How do the figures in the accounts reconcile to Peter Gadsbys claim that the owners were taking £1.5 million per annum out of the club?

I can only see £765k.

Not sure on this but sure someone will clarify if this was the case. I thought the clubs stance was not to comment on transfer fees.

I'm fairly sure he denied c£400k in a RD interview a couple of days after the sale,just as he denied Blackpool's claims that they could get Varney for £250k (another "undisclosed").

I'm fairly sure he denied c£400k in a RD interview a couple of days after the sale,just as he denied Blackpool's claims that they could get Varney for £250k (another "undisclosed").

You're probably right, I just don't ever remember seeing an actual figure for Hulse being stated by the club anywhere (probably because it was supposed to be undisclosed), however I do remember seeing Warnock state a figure which was much lower than the figures mentioned in our local media.

Something that was mentioned to me the other day and I forgot to post.

How do the figures in the accounts reconcile to Peter Gadsbys claim that the owners were taking £1.5 million per annum out of the club?

I can only see £765k.

When did he make the claim? I've consistently said on this forum and the DET that I see no evidence for the claim,which has been made by several.

When did he make the claim? I've consistently said on this forum and the DET that I see no evidence for the claim,which has been made by several.

Pretty sure it was at the same time that he made his original attempt to buy back the club.

You're probably right, I just don't ever remember seeing an actual figure for Hulse being stated by the club anywhere (probably because it was supposed to be undisclosed), however I do remember seeing Warnock state a figure which was much lower than the figures mentioned in our local media.

You can deny a figure without disclosing the actual sum.

Pretty sure it was at the same time that he made his original attempt to buy back the club.

Perhaps the media should ask him what he bases his figures on then?

Perhaps the media should ask him what he bases his figures on then?

Looking back on the internet for where I read it. Can't find anything yet...may have to retract the statement if can't prove it is true or if nobody backs up what I said!

I meant to put "no evidence to substantiate the claim" (made by several posters).

I meant to put "no evidence to substantiate the claim" (made by several posters).

Do you mean the claim about the level being taken out or the claim that PG said this?!

Gadsby made the claim when he was removed as a director. In the DET 28 July 2008.

"Gadsby has also talked about management costs of the American executives in the current administration, saying it is his understanding the figure is around £1.5m per year."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Gadsby-says-money-let-buy-Rams/article-239143-detail/article.html

I also seem to remember it being on the Football First bid website, although with that being taken down it is impossible to check.

Is it possible that GSE could be making a profit from the club inderctly via the chain of holding companies? I have no idea if this is even possible, hence asking our resident money men.

Gadsby made the claim when he was removed as a director. In the DET 28 July 2008.

"Gadsby has also talked about management costs of the American executives in the current administration, saying it is his understanding the figure is around £1.5m per year."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Gadsby-says-money-let-buy-Rams/article-239143-detail/article.html

I also seem to remember it being on the Football First bid website, although with that being taken down it is impossible to check.

Is it possible that GSE could be making a profit from the club inderctly via the chain of holding companies? I have no idea if this is even possible, hence asking our resident money men.

Thank you for that. That is the website I was looking for, did not realise it had been removed.

All related party transactions should be disclosed in the accounts so it should be hard to hide any transactions.

Do you mean the claim about the level being taken out or the claim that PG said this?!

I meant that several times over the last year I've challenged posters who've claimed that GSE are taking out £1.5m or more,by stating that the accounts don't back these figures up.

As a reference to Gadsby's claim has been found,I again repeat that he should be challenged on the issue by the local media.If he's got information not in the public arena,then he should put up or shut up on this matter.

I meant that several times over the last year I've challenged posters who've claimed that GSE are taking out £1.5m or more,by stating that the accounts don't back these figures up.

As a reference to Gadsby's claim has been found,I again repeat that he should be challenged on the issue by the local media.If he's got information not in the public arena,then he should put up or shut up on this matter.

Don't think the claim can be seen anymore as the website has been removed.

Think this hugely discredits is underhand tactics of trying to turn fans against the board to regain control of the club.

Don't think the claim can be seen anymore as the website has been removed.

Think this hugely discredits is underhand tactics of trying to turn fans against the board to regain control of the club.

Some would argue that GSE's claim to have sorted out the finances discredits the good work of the LOG.

Some would argue that GSE's claim to have sorted out the finances discredits the good work of the LOG.

Very strange response!

Archived