Brad Jones - Liverpool

sunnyside

Brad_Jones1 Brad Jones

Just signed with Derby County on loan until the end of the season. Looking forward to getting some game time before the season is over.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool goalkeeper Brad Jones will be Derby County's number one for the final eight games of the season.

The 29-year-old Australian has signed on an emergency loan until the end of the 2010/11 campaign from the Premier League giants.

Manager Nigel Clough moved quickly to bring Jones to Pride Park after being hit with the news that Hull City wished to recall Matt Duke from his loan stint with the Rams.

Duke had been pencilled in to fill the gap vacated by Frank Fielding, who returned to Blackburn Rovers after the completion of his 93 days on loan following last Saturday's 2-2 draw at Crystal Palace.

The 33-year-old had sat on the bench for four games after signing at the start of March, but he has now returned to the KC Stadium.

Clough explained: "Matt was due to play for our reserves on Tuesday, but we got a late call from Hull to say they wished to recall him.

"They were perfectly entitled to do that as he is their player, so we had to use our contacts pretty quickly to get someone of sufficient quality in the building.

"Brad fits the bill perfectly; he has Premier League experience, Football League experience and - importantly - big game experience.

"We have some big games coming up between now and May, and he will be our number one in them.

"He hasn't had much first-team football this season, so I'm pretty sure he will be looking forward to the challenge.

"He also knows Daniel Ayala well (also on loan from Liverpool) and he has also played with Shaun Barker in the past which will be good for him when working with the back four going into his first game at Cardiff.

"Liverpool have done us a big favour and I would like to thank Kenny Dalglish and the other officials at Anfield for agreeing to loan another of their players to Derby County."

The former Middlesbrough trainee had loan spells at Stockport County, Rotherham United, Blackpool and Sheffield Wednesday between 2002 and 2006 to gain first-team experience.

With that experience behind him, he established himself as back-up for fellow Australian Mark Schwarzer at the Riverside Stadium.

He played four times in Boro's incredible run to the UEFA Cup Final in 2006 under Steve McLaren, keeping three clean sheets in the process, and he made his international debut for Australia in 2007.

2008/09 and 2009/10 was Jones' chance to shine after Schwarzer joined Fulham, and Jones went on to make a combined total of 44 appearances for Middlesbrough in those two seasons before Liverpool came calling last summer and paid in excess of £2 Million for his services.

He has acted as understudy to Spanish international Pepe Reina for the majority of this season, and his two first-team appearances have come in the Carling Cup and Europa League.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/javaImages/d5/65/0,,10270~9528789,00

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2322959,00.html

I like Bywater...maybe abit twisted in the head but he's a decent keeper that's having a bad season, happens in football. You don't become a bad keeper overnight, and the messiah Fielding hasn't exactly been mistake free since coming back but he's Frank Fielding so we can overlook those.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I like Bywater...maybe abit twisted in the head but he's a decent keeper that's having a bad season, happens in football. You don't become a bad keeper overnight, and the messiah Fielding hasn't exactly been mistake free since coming back but he's Frank Fielding so we can overlook those.

He was poor last year not been able to kick a ball since he has been at the club and got help him if it is a cross shot to his right

Wait surly alot depends on the other 10 players playing and who we where playing against at time

Brayford, Barker, Leacock and Moxey/roberts

This was the defense with Fielding which I believe is the same defense as Bywater has had. Ayala is only a recent admission.

Defense trust Fielding, scared as hell with Bywater

So which keeper had green at right back the most?

Like I said the other 10 players, ie kqui holding the ball up front, porter failing to do this

I believe games per ratio probably equal. And this argument re Green is mute as this is a position he can play, and also his best games this year have been at right back.

Bywater is crap, he has been a cancer in the changing room hence the twitter gate and he has been like this since last year. His bottom lip came out when Fielding came and got the backing from the fans instead of the groans at the game as another kick go waywards and no where near a Derby Player, when he comes out and flaps at a ball. Like the game v QPR last year when he came out to take a throw in through it across the pitch to Macevely with a player standing on him and allowed them to score in pretty much open space. When he puts a defender under presure, when he comes for a cross and stops and allows the attacker to have a free header like reading at home this year. When he does not control his penalty box, when he gets a cross shot low to his right, do you want me to keep on going. Can I ask if you go to games or listen to the radio because if you went to the games surely you have seen this if not this would explain in some sense why you defend someone who has only helped us secure 14pts with him in goal out of I think 69pts.

Can I ask if you go to games or listen to the radio because if you went to the games surely you have seen this if not this would explain in some sense why you defend someone who has only helped us secure 14pts with him in goal out of I think 69pts.

Oh no, that old peach has popped up again.

Your opinion is invalid because you don't go to games twaddle, (Hucknall is actually a ST holder). If you want to pull that out why come on a forum when most members are those who cannot get to games hence use forums to keep upto date with Derby?

"Bywater is crap, he has been a cancer in the changing room hence the twitter gate" Can I ask do you sit in the changing room or do you just listen to rumours on the internet?

In your post you talk about flapping at crosses, now I don't go to games and you can think what you like about that but I listen to every game and watch the highlights on Rams Player and the FLS.

I have seen with my own eyes Fielding flapping at set pieces and it's cringworthy, Nigel said when he joined that the defence will have to remember that Fielding cannot come out and collect crosses and the defence will have to help him out, they don't and Fielding comes out and get's in all sorts of problems. Like I say seen with my own eyes.

You can compare stats all you like but the 10 players in front of the keeper are just as important. During our best form this season not only did we have Fielding but we had Kuqi up front, Kuqi was able to hold the ball up and take the pressure off the defence. Bywater didn't have that luxury, he's had a mixture of Moxey, Commons, Porter and Davies up front.

If Bywater is such a crap keeper can you tell me why the fans voted him runner up player of the season last year?...I'll tell you why, because despite his shocking kicking he kept us in many games with his shot stopping.

This season Bywater has been out of form, that doesn't make him **** it makes him out of form. Big big difference.

Oh no, that old peach has popped up again.

Your opinion is invalid because you don't go to games twaddle, (Hucknall is actually a ST holder). If you want to pull that out why come on a forum when most members are those who cannot get to games hence use forums to keep upto date with Derby?

"Bywater is crap, he has been a cancer in the changing room hence the twitter gate" Can I ask do you sit in the changing room or do you just listen to rumours on the internet?

In your post you talk about flapping at crosses, now I don't go to games and you can think what you like about that but I listen to every game and watch the highlights on Rams Player and the FLS.

I have seen with my own eyes Fielding flapping at set pieces and it's cringworthy, Nigel said when he joined that the defence will have to remember that Fielding cannot come out and collect crosses and the defence will have to help him out, they don't and Fielding comes out and get's in all sorts of problems. Like I say seen with my own eyes.

You can compare stats all you like but the 10 players in front of the keeper are just as important. During our best form this season not only did we have Fielding but we had Kuqi up front, Kuqi was able to hold the ball up and take the pressure off the defence. Bywater didn't have that luxury, he's had a mixture of Moxey, Commons, Porter and Davies up front.

If Bywater is such a crap keeper can you tell me why the fans voted him runner up player of the season last year?...I'll tell you why, because despite his shocking kicking he kept us in many games with his shot stopping.

This season Bywater has been out of form, that doesn't make him **** it makes him out of form. Big big difference.

Not a rumour from what i've read.

Also out of form and crap are the same thing....especially if you are out of form for a year.

Where have you read it: newspaper, Facebook, footballrumours.co.uk?

Being crap and being out of form are two different things, even for a year.

Rooney was shocking at the World Cup, shocking for Man Utd till he came back from that break he had, was his ability ever questioned? nope.

How come the fans voted Bywater runner up for player of the season last year? the vote on here he even came second, how did that happen?

I also find it interesting reading how **** Leacock is now, when he was injured we all couldn't wait for him to return and when he did he was being praised. A few bad games and all of a sudden we have a pile of crap on our hands and we need to get rid asap.

Read an e-mail from someone at the club actually.

Rooney wasn't crap though was he, his general play was still good. It was his goal scoring problems that made the headlines.

Bywater is obviously a good player, same as Leacock. But both have been out of form for so long they have become liabilties. If you can get another player in of the same ability, but can actually help not hinder the team then we should do it.

Roberts has been out of form for most of this season and has been called crap all the time. He obviously isn't as his time at Doncatser shows.

If your out of form for large parts, then in my eyes your a liability and not worth having. I call that being crap, rubbish,****.

If we sold every player as soon as they hit a patch of bad form we would be in the Brown stuff.

Problem is players need time on the pitch to rebuild confidence and find some form again, that can't be easy when you have 25k boooing every mistake you make. Some are able to brush it off others can't.

Bywater and Leacock are not bad players, just 2 out of form players. It probably is time for them to move on now, change of scenery and all that but I don't understand all the crap they have come in for.

Plus you don't goto games like me so your opinion is invalid!

If we sold every player as soon as they hit a patch of bad form we would be in the Brown stuff.

Problem is players need time on the pitch to rebuild confidence and find some form again, that can't be easy when you have 25k boooing every mistake you make. Some are able to brush it off others can't.

Bywater and Leacock are not bad players, just 2 out of form players. It probably is time for them to move on now, change of scenery and all that but I don't understand all the crap they have come in for.

I think 30-40 games of not very goodness is enough to start shipping them out. Something isn't right for what ever reason.

Agree with the rest tbh. I just have never liked Savage or Bywater...there really the only players i criticise.

Heres some stats.....

5th Leeds United - Conceded 60 goals this season

Schmeichel 29 games played

17th Derby County - Conceded 53 goals this season

Bywater 22 games played

Kasper Schmeichel, the freebie that alot of Derby fans wanted I seem to recall.

Yes we have been bad at times defensively, but obviously not quite as bad as others. Now had we had a decent striker force all season who knows where we would be even with Bywater in goal.

Let's compare like fir like

If you look at goals conceded when Schmeichal has played it is only 45 in 32 games (including cups) so he has conceded just under 1.5 per game and kept 8 clean sheets. Quite a bit better than Bywater. Who stands at 52 conceded in 28 games and 4 clean sheets.

I guess it's Cardiffs defence at fault for the goals he's conceded there

Let's compare like fir like

If you look at goals conceded when Schmeichal has played it is only 45, so he has conceded just over 1.5 per game and kept 8 clean sheets. Quite a bit better than Bywater. Who stands at 52 conceded in 26 games and 4 clean sheets.

I guess it's Cardiffs defence at fault for the goals he's conceded there

Is that sarcasm or not?:confused:

League

Schmeichel: Played 29 Conceded 39

Bywater: Played 22 Conceded 32

Clean Sheets

Schmeichel: 8

Bywater: 4

7 games, 7 goals, 4 clean sheets difference, I would give you ratios but I'm a dumbass. It's probably not a fair example because given 7 games the Bywater haters will say he would concede around 80 goals, but chuck in...

2x clean sheets

2x defeats conceding 1 goal

2 x defats conceding 2 goals

1x defeat conceding 3 goals

You would be looking at very close stats, I mean obviously you could say well noooooo he we would lose 4 goals every game.

My bad for using him as an example.

Archived